Fitting of standard controller for Truma Ultraheater instead of TFT panel

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
I bought a used Hobby caravan earlier this year which has a all singing all dancing TFT panel which is supposed to give you access to the control of the electric option of the heater.
Trouble is you have only occasional control often the the heating element does not appear so the heater can not be switches on.
I would like to fit the "old" standard controller and disconnect from TFT panel but would need circuit diagram.
Can anyone offer advice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having worked for a gas appliance manufacturer I know how difficult and expensive it is to make special models for individual customers, so it is most likely the heater unit is a standard product with a fixed wiring configuration to which the control switch is fitted. I would expect you should be able to have the controller changed, but as with all gas appliance's safety has to be a priority, and I recommend you refer the problem to Truma who are in the best position to advise on what can be done.

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Prof, yes I understand the safety concerns about gas appliances I have removed the gas heater to expose the electric element and I probably will not replace it but if I do I'll get it tested by appropriate engineer. My intention is to get a reliable electric heater in place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts