Flojet R3426504

May 29, 2021
Visit site
Hi after some help
I have a flojet R3426504 fitted to my campervan the pump is 3 months old,
the pump is running but not pumping any water?
I can't see any air leaks.

May 29, 2021
Visit site
had a problem with my battery charger trying to keep the voltage at 12v did drop to 10.4v at one time so thought something was taking a lot of current the pump is very quiet but it was pumping .Now I think about it not as fast as before. On return from 4 days away I went into the van to clean up as your told to, but no running water toilet flush not working either, then I heard the pump running constantly have turned the pump off on the fuse as if left could cause more damage.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What you are describing is low 12v power from your battery, which means either your battery has failed, or your charger is not working.
A good battery should show 12.8v, at 10.4 it is totally dead, and a smart charger may have trouble recognising it.

The pump running constantly indicates that it is unable to produce enough pressure to activate the pressure switch, again due to lack of power supply to it.

How old is the battery? and what have you used to check its voltage?

May 29, 2021
Visit site
Thankyou Damian for your advise.
I have let the voltage go up to 13.1 v then turned the pump back on it made a lot of gurgling noises as it filled up the toilet and the Truma boiler, it has calmed down now and turned itself off I have tested the taps and they are ok.
think it all started when I overheated the truma drying some clothes, I won't be doing that again I will also keep an eye on my battery charger as if its not man enough I'll change it for a better out put one , many thanks again for your advise Ron.

Reactions: Damian
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
had a problem with my battery charger trying to keep the voltage at 12v did drop to 10.4v at one time so thought something was taking a lot of current the pump is very quiet but it was pumping .Now I think about it not as fast as before. On return from 4 days away I went into the van to clean up as your told to, but no running water toilet flush not working either, then I heard the pump running constantly have turned the pump off on the fuse as if left could cause more damage.

Last time I had an inboard pump it was very noisy. You say yours was quiet, makes me wonder if they are now much better than they were.

It would seem possible that the pressure switch was keeping the pump on, perhaps it was not optimality adjusted. And this led to a flat battery. Lesson, Always turn off 12 volt power when leaving the van for some time.

I have occasionally had the problem of my external pump running on, usually if the water level has got too low. My van does have an indicator light, but it's ever so small. I installed another light in a prominent place as a warning. Perhaps that's a thought for the future.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Last time I had an inboard pump it was very noisy. You say yours was quiet, makes me wonder if they are now much better than they were.

It would seem possible that the pressure switch was keeping the pump on, perhaps it was not optimality adjusted. And this led to a flat battery. Lesson, Always turn off 12 volt power when leaving the van for some time.

I have occasionally had the problem of my external pump running on, usually if the water level has got too low. My van does have an indicator light, but it's ever so small. I installed another light in a prominent place as a warning. Perhaps that's a thought for the future.

John
I fitted a new Flojet last summer the noise let me know that it was working better than the failed unit. Mines at the front under the bed. Great if anyone washes hands in the night. 👎☹️

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts