For Colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done that girl - thanks very much. It was great meeting you today in Tesco and being able to put a face to a name. You and your hubby are quite welcome to call anytime (except Saturday and Monday mornings - shopping in Tesco).

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Will do! It was lovely to meet your wife, and thanks for Making Bev(my colleague) feel welcome. Today was her first day in Bridgend and also her first day as a line manager.

Hope you enjoy the steam fair.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well coming from Port Talbot us Talbotians must stick together, especially as she is in a strange place and not having a local to show her the ropes - Swansea girl from Pembroke - blind leading the blind - I rest my case.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Colin They taught me that! It is something called text speak!

And Also As a line manager and not a section manager we are senior managers as we are direct reports to the store manager! (all it means really is that we get paid a lot more than other managers and are not expected to mess up quite so often. We also take on a lot of the store managers responsibility. We also get bigger tellings off when we do get it wrong).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Diane - never see you in the top left hand corner of the store in the morning sitting on the emergency exit steps having a management meeting. I must admit they do look rediculous especially when the chubby manager is laying the law down (fat controller springs to mind). Now don't go off and tell him what I called him or I might be banned and have to frequent Sainsburys at Sarn park.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
IMO meetings are a waste of time. If it needs fixing then fix it, don't talk about it just do it.

As for the morning meeting i tend not to come in till after it.lol

Art of being a good manager is planning and delegation.LOL

And Colin the big fat man hates us front end girls as he can't tell us what to do. Do you mean the fat one with the glasses or the one without?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
IMO meetings are a waste of time. If it needs fixing then fix it, don't talk about it just do it.

As for the morning meeting i tend not to come in till after it.lol

Art of being a good manager is planning and delegation.LOL

And Colin the big fat man hates us front end girls as he can't tell us what to do. Do you mean the fat one with the glasses or the one without?
The one without glasses.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Don't tell anyone, We call him Shrek! I can't tell you what else he's called! But the mans a joke.

It really gets up his nose coz we are more or less on the same level as him!

Whats so annoying is, he is a trading manager, and yet he has to ask us Front end managers how to do his job!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts