For the attention of Sprocket!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sprocket, this is an appeal to you to see if you can save my life!!
The OH has a range cooker that we need a part for it which the makers Belling, and espares (web based Company) tell me is obsolete.
The cooker is only 5/6 years old.
I was just wondering my friend if with your superb knowledge you knew of any other outlets/shop etc.
The cooker is
Belling Rangemaster,
model; DB900DF
The part we require is; ignition Switch assembly kit,
Belling part No 082608150.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sprocket, this is an appeal to you to see if you can save my life!!
132.gif

You could try this link below as it says
Fits the following models DB900DF

Part is compatible with Belling DB900DF

And its saying its a genuine part .....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sprocket, what a man you are!!!
smiley-smile.gif

let me explain what this world has come to, you would think if you buy the switch it would come with the plastic insert (mine has broken) to actually hold it in position in the front panal...............OH NO NO NO NO NO.
smiley-cry.gif

So I'm still on the hunt for the complete part as I would have no way of fitting the switch to the panel.
smiley-undecided.gif

Mind you when I got angry with Belling they did offer to sell me a NEW cooker at a discounted price!!!!
smiley-yell.gif

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Kev
Please post a photo of the broken part & where it fits ...........
What do you mean by insert ???
Is this the switch that you hold down to light the gas ??

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
IMG_2663.jpg

Hi Sprocket, yes you have the right cooker, its the push switch below the spark sign

IMG_2668.jpg

THis photo shows the rear of he switch holder which you can see has broken in half and come away from the front part of the holder you can see in the 1st picture.

Please dont spend too much time on it,--------- I'll buy her a box of matches!!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have you not thought of a bit of araldite to hold it in place ? or does it push through the hole ?

Have a look on here there will be something that you can use to replace the original one

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Did try super glue but it just came apart again. Think because of the heat rising from the oven it has actually made the holder brittle and a small peice of it has been lost, but think I will buy a bit of araldite and see if I can salvage it.

Thanks for all your time sprocket, I really do appreciate it
2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts