France into Spain

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Just looking at Camping Cheque sites on Southern side of Spanish Pyrenees. Has anyone gone from Perpignan over or under part of Pyrenees to reach these sites, rather than going down to Barcelona and then travelling west then north, if you see what I mean. Are the roads beyond the realms of the caravan and do tunnels pose any problems.

Thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We've taken our caravan from Perpignan over the Pyrenees via Andorra back to the Mediterranean coast without any difficulty. The French side is a bit mountainous with hairpin bends etc. but none which really demand a lot of driving skill. The Spanish side is easy.

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
I looked into this subject last year. The Caravan Club European Guide gives good information on the roads, tunnels and passes twixt France, Andorra and Spain. Initially I decided to use the Somport Tunnel but in the end (due to a decision to sample cycling on the Canal du Midi prior to heading to Spain), entered Spain via Perpignan.

As Lutz has already indicated, any well-balanced outfit should not have a problem with going via Andorra.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've done Tarascon, Ax-les-Thermes, Puigcerda, then down into Spain - and it was no problem at all with our Swift 490 on the back of a Ford Mondeo. We did have an overnight stop at Le Pre Lombard at Tarascon. The Service area right at the top of the Col has the most fantastic views - and does a really good, full of chicken, 'bocadillo'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts