Frejus tunnel or Mont Blanc Tunnel?

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Im off to Pisa in July/August via Macon(France) .I have been given two route options Macon to Pisa via Mont Blanc Tunnel and Macon-Lyon- Pisa via the Frejus tunnel. Im looking for the better Option

Percy

G

2 years ago we came back thru Frejus from Pisa in our motorhome we had at the time we thought it was easier than the route out we used thru I think the Andermatt St Gotthard tunnel (we were going down to the Adriatic coast to Bari) Last time I used Mont blanc was about 12 years ago but I do remember some quite winding roads on the Italian side. The other benefit of Frejus its its straight down the Motorway without going near Turin

If interested can give you details of the campsite we stayed at at Pisa, hope this is of some help.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
2 years ago we came back thru Frejus from Pisa in our motorhome we had at the time we thought it was easier than the route out we used thru I think the Andermatt St Gotthard tunnel (we were going down to the Adriatic coast to Bari) Last time I used Mont blanc was about 12 years ago but I do remember some quite winding roads on the Italian side. The other benefit of Frejus its its straight down the Motorway without going near Turin

If interested can give you details of the campsite we stayed at at Pisa, hope this is of some help.
Thanks for the advice and offer Simon, I think Frejus may be a go ,I looked a mont blanc on google earth and it does look quite a winding road

Im Ok for a campsite I use the american forces campsite nr Tirrenia,One of the few benefits of still being in the british army is that I can use this site (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

I am going the Frejus way next year, as recommended by some people who were on the same site as me in Tuscany some years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice and offer Simon, I think Frejus may be a go ,I looked a mont blanc on google earth and it does look quite a winding road

Im Ok for a campsite I use the american forces campsite nr Tirrenia,One of the few benefits of still being in the british army is that I can use this site (

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Percy.

In 2006 we travelled through the Frejus Tunnel and then on to Venice. The Frejus Tunnel is very expensive but does cut the journey and a climb. The worst part was when we arrived at the end of the tunnel. The motorway from the tunnel to Turin and then on to Milano is undergoing major construction work and we had hours of narrow lanes and speed restrictions. Not easy with a caravan driving between large concrete bollards. A very uncomfortable journey. It appeared to me that this work would go on for years. Maybe someone who has done the journey recently could update us. Good Luck. JTS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts