French inland campsites

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Due to my hospital visits this year, the only way we can get to France is in the busy school holiday and French national holidays so my question is do you know of any good inland sites away from the coast which will be unlikely full. Perhaps around 150 mile radius of Dunkirk. Any information will make two octogenarians very happy.
Thank you

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
jcshill said:
. Any information will make two octogenarians very happy.

A reply from another octogenarian... :eek:hmy: From my experience of France in August it's usually the seaside sites which get "Complète". Many inland sites have room, especially the Camping Municipals which often cater more for over-nighters. I would advise taking a decent sites directory with you and start looking for sites in the early afternoon.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Have a look on the ACSI site on the web, whilst you will not get the lower prices for the off peak period, you will get a large selection of sites that have all been inspected on an annual basis. You can search by map or town, so it will be relatively easy to locate a site within your search area. You can find the site by clicking on this link ...

www.acsi.eu

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hope this is inside your range. There is a really nice country site at Eaux Puisseaux between Troyes and Auxerre. It is very well kept has some large level pitches, 10 amp electrics. Very reasonable price, last time was 13 euro. Warm clean showers, limited free wifi or better service for small on-line payment.
www.les.hautes.frenes.com should show the details/ We have been there about 12 times in the last 15 years either short stay or more than a week.

Quiet, shopping at small town on opposite side of the main road or in Troyes.Some pleasant villages locally. Coming from the north go round the top of Troyes to the west until you can take the road towards St Florintin and Auxerre

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Correction to my previous posting. The link I gave does not seem to work anymore. Google camping eaux puiseaux and it will show as Earl de Haute Frenes - then go to the campsite website. Seems fees this year for 2+car+caravan+electric is 15 euro/night but still great value especially at the current exchange rate.

(I'm only a year away from joining the elite octogenarian club, and certainly aim to revisit EP when I get elected)

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info duly taken on board.Great to see so many of us octos are still very active and caravanning,cant
wait to get away.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Blaarmeersen in Gent is a good site with a bus service right outside the gate into the city. Much nicer place than Bruges - about 65m from Dunkerque.

Camping Nowak at Vendieres west of Rhiems is set in an old orchard of a champagne producer. About 180m.

If you don't want to go too far, Le Manoir de Senlecques just inland of Boulogne is worthwhile. 12€/n inc 10A electricity, full facilities, and free wifi. Generally quiet and not too busy. About 60m all on free motorway.

All of the above are in the CC France Sites book, and I think I'm right in saying they all have web sites - Google is your friend........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts