Fridge door

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, is it just me or does anyone else have this problem, when I fill our fridge to set off, then again even on site, it only needs a couple of bottles of milk or whatever in door rack to prevent the locking slide switch to hook onto the pin hanging down from inside frame, when it's empty no problem even the slide hook to keep it slightly ajar for ventilation works but stick a couple on bottles I rack and it missis pin and I have to wedge door closed just in case it opens when traveling it's a dometic

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Smurff cant help with the door as I have a thetford but I notice you carry milk in the fridge we did that once and it spilt all over the place took hours to clean it up, we now use a cool box in the back of the car connected to the 12 Volt system to carry any thing that may spill, oh and a couple of beers which are cool for site arrival.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Generally when we go away, we take just enough for 24 hours so don't carry much in the way of groceries and milk, on the basis its heavy and can spill as Kev has pointed out, and because we normally research out destination and make sure there is either site shop or local supermarket where we stock up.

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there any adjustment on door, there is a screw on top of hinge but this I belive is for swapping door around, just wondered if there was any way I coud raise it somehow

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes there is a way of raising it.
Remove the screw from the top hinge and lift the door outwards and upwards off the lower hinge.
Place a thin , preferably plastic, washer of suitable size on the lower hinge peg and refit the door making sure it opens and closes correctly.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine had the plastic at the top of door wear that the pin locates into,made it good with plastic steel and its been fine since
I also saw that they only use one screw as the other hole is covered by the cupboard framing on our Bailey Indiana,have thought of drilling and screwing a locating fixing if it comes loose again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts