fridge issue

b.m

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
I need to pick everyone's brain please, as I have a slight weird issue with my fridge and it seriously drives me up the wall.
We own an old camper autosleeper talisman from 1988, very tidy and looked after, it is fitted with an Electrolux RM212 fridge, it works on three way and gets really cold, the problems is with the ignition, it works when the weather is dry, then the slightest amount of moisture in the air, please note" moisture", not rain well the damn thing stops clicking!!!!!!!! aaaaaarrrrgghhhh!!!!!!!!, I could scream!!! so we live it on and all of a sudden ( could be in the middle of the night) off it goes , click click click, etc...
Anyone out there with the same problem??
I checked and cleaned all the connections behind and on top of the fridge, check for water ingress, check for dead wires, Iam running out of options, help help help please

Thank you

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes we had a this problem on our Hymer at around the same age. When did you last have the fridge serviced, not just habitation checked, we do that every time we use the 'van.
smiley-embarassed.gif

What happenned with ours was that corrosion (rust) would fall down the burner tube on a journey and settle around the burner jet, what it needed was a proper service and clean out of the works and new burner jet.

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Removal of the burner cover and a good vacuum would probably solve this problem. Removal of the chimney parts and a could waggle in and out of the curvy bit that's inside the chimney would assist too.
You might be able to get at these by removal of the top and bottom fridge outlets but you may only have a top one. You then have to competent to remove the fridge first. Easy when you know how but 'cos it's gas (and 12v and Mains electricity) you need a qualified person to do it. Could be you need a good practical service agent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts