Fuel card.

Nov 16, 2015
Well I like the fuel from "proper fuel stations" As a member of the CAMC went for the Esso card and the discount is great it comes in as below The Asda, Tesco, Morrisons etc.
Just want to help others.

Nov 11, 2009
EH52ARH said:
Well I like the fuel from "proper fuel stations" As a member of the CAMC went for the Esso card and the discount is great it comes in as below The Asda, Tesco, Morrisons etc.
Just want to help others.
Is that all Esso or motorway ones?

Nov 16, 2015
The Esso card , is for all Fuel stations, The Shell card is for only Motorway Fuel stations,. Esso send yo a statment stating how much you would be charged for the next week. Next week diesel is £1.261 unleaded £1.185. .
Take or not. Costs nothing to get the card.

Jul 18, 2017
EH52ARH said:
The Esso card , is for all Fuel stations, The Shell card is for only Motorway Fuel stations,. Esso send yo a statment stating how much you would be charged for the next week. Next week diesel is £1.261 unleaded £1.185. .
Take or not. Costs nothing to get the card.
I think you meant to say that the card is for all Esso stations only and not for any fuel station. The only hassle we and others have with the card is that it can take up to 4 days before it even shows up as pending on your current account and then another 2 days before the amount is debited from the account. We filled up last Wednesday and although we are saving about £3.50 the amount still has been debited from our current account.

May 7, 2012
Sounds potentially worthwhile as we have an Esso station just up the road and the figure is certainly competitive with the local supermarkets.

Jul 18, 2017
If we had filled up at Morrisons we would have saved £6.50 with their 10p a litre off instead of £3.52! However I am very wary of supermarket fuel.
I just wish that the amount was debited from the account a lot quicker than a week especially around Xmas time.

May 7, 2012
Buckman said:
If we had filled up at Morrisons we would have saved £6.50 with their 10p a litre off instead of £3.52! However I am very wary of supermarket fuel.
I just wish that the amount was debited from the account a lot quicker than a week especially around Xmas time.
I would be quite happy for it to take that long. The money is better off in my account than theirs.

Jul 15, 2008
Esso garage local to me £1.349/ litre today for regular diesel
Shell garage near Gatwick £1.269/ litre today....( I was passing anyway)

.........I won't be having an Esso card :whistle:

Nov 11, 2009
Gafferbill said:

My regular BP near Leicester 133.9 for Ultimate. They always stick to the BP recommended differential of 5p per litre difference between standard diesel and premium diesel. The car has been run almost exclusively on Ultimate since June. The way it’s used I can time it for fill ups at this BP station even though I live 125 miles away. But hopefully our New Year sojourn will enable me to use a different garage albeit at extra cost, or reduced quality. Either way it will be worth it to get the new axle,and it’s associated caravan, touring again.

Nov 16, 2015
Gafferbill said:

Thats good, Esso were offering £1.261 this week, for reg diesel.

Nov 16, 2015
otherclive said:
Gafferbill said:

My regular BP near Leicester 133.9 for Ultimate. They always stick to the BP recommended differential of 5p per litre difference between standard diesel and premium diesel. The car has been run almost exclusively on Ultimate since June. The way it’s used I can time it for fill ups at this BP station even though I live 125 miles away. But hopefully our New Year sojourn will enable me to use a different garage albeit at extra cost, or reduced quality. Either way it will be worth it to get the new axle,and it’s associated caravan, touring again.
OC do you think there is an Advantage with the premium diesel. I used to top up with premium about every 4 fills, And I thought the engine did run smoother. !!!

Nov 11, 2009
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:
Gafferbill said:

OC do you think there is an Advantage with the premium diesel. I used to top up with premium about every 4 fills, And I thought the engine did run smoother. !!!
It does seem to run more smoothly, but I’m not dedicated enough to rigorously monitor fuel usage and mpg, so cannot say whether it is more economical. As to power again I couldn’t say as when I need some horses the last thing I’m going to do is to think about it’s 0-60 mph time. This engine with 4Wd and a lightweight body as oodles of acceleration when required. The main reason I use premium diesel is the higher detergent specification combined with reduced ash content. So it keeps the fuel sytem components cleaner, and deposits less ash in the dpf. It’s the ash that eventually kills the dpf even with the best regenerations.
Now for my wife’s car that gets premium about every 3-4 tankfuls as it’s pre dpf. 12 years old, no visible exhaust emissions and still delivering 60+ mpg with non oil usage year on year.

Nov 16, 2015
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:
Gafferbill said:

It does seem to run more smoothly, but I’m not dedicated enough to rigorously monitor fuel usage and mpg, so cannot say whether it is more economical. As to power again I couldn’t say as when I need some horses the last thing I’m going to do is to think about it’s 0-60 mph time. This engine with 4Wd and a lightweight body as oodles of acceleration when required. The main reason I use premium diesel is the higher detergent specification combined with reduced ash content. So it keeps the fuel sytem components cleaner, and deposits less ash in the dpf. It’s the ash that eventually kills the dpf even with the best regenerations.
Now for my wife’s car that gets premium about every 3-4 tankfuls as it’s pre dpf. 12 years old, no visible exhaust emissions and still delivering 60+ mpg with non oil usage year on year.
Thanks Thats my thoughts, a better fuel at the same price as I was paying before, the cleaner the injectors the better, better fuel burn and Ignition. As I intend to keep the Wagon, I may as well.

Jul 18, 2017
Gafferbill said:

However if you had an Esso card it would have been £1.265 a litre!

Feb 23, 2018
I've just signed up for the Esso Card - I do have Esso stations near me and near my office, but I don't tend to use them in my normal routine. But I have noticed that I seem to pull into Esso stations when towing and touring... so it may be worth while toting another plastic card.

Nov 16, 2015
I have three Esso stations near me, so with the card great, but I tend to not buy fuel on Motorways, so If I can refuel at an Esso station on a motorway for say £1,25 great, just got to mark on the map which are Esso.

Jul 18, 2017
Be very wary of this fuel card; Copied from CC forum;

T&Cs have changed in the last 24 hours however for it to become valid you need to agree so at this moment contract is null & void as we have not agreed to the new T&Cs.

Also a change of website address without notification and also the change in the T&Cs without notification. Another thing is that the link to their privacy document does not work so you cannot find out how they process your data?

Lastly the Payment Service Provider may be located outside the European Economic Area and your card details will be processed outside the EEA. In other words once out of the EEA you will have very little control on how your data is being processed.

Apparently a lot of double dipping has occurred with the same amount been taken twice. Happened to us with a payment going out at beginning of Dec and then again last week. It was for over £80 so not amused even though it has now been refunded!

Seems the organisation Pump King who are promoting this are in total chaos plus the fact that they were only formed in April last year. I think that the CC should have done more in-depth checking into this fuel card before making it a free for all members!

Mar 24, 2014
At least you lot have received your cards! I've been getting their text messages for over a month now, but no sign of my card!

Sep 26, 2018
My card arrived today, checked the PIN on line, went to Esso station, "Incorrect PIN", so I paid 129.7 a litre instead of 123.7! Not happy, no answer from the phone number, have emailed, will try calling again later...

Nov 16, 2015
I checked my Bank account and also the Pump king site and noticed that on my first refuel, I was charged twice about a week part. I have sent a message to PK yesterday, and received a message, back acknowledging my msg. The other three transactions have been fine. Also today the Text msg with next weeks prices, is from Pump King , and not Esso card.
Lets see what happens.

Sep 26, 2018
I got a response today, which I didn't expect and have replied with details they were requesting. Interestingly I rang at 1745 and got a recorded message tellling me the Office was closed and their hours were 0800-1800...?!?

Jul 18, 2017
Apparently the double dipping is still happening as a member had the same amount removed twice from their account this week. Despite emailing and phoning he has not been able to contact them for a refund!
I wonder how many other people have been caught but only check their accounts once a month and then overlook the second amount?

Nov 11, 2009
I think that until the fuel card admin is properly sorted I will wait before making an application.

Jul 15, 2008
.......my experience of fuel cards is that you have to check all transactions as mistakes do occur and there is then the added hassle of sorting things out.
They also quote competitive prices to get you to sign up and then the price drifts over time to become less competitive.
Social media will help to make known what price people are quoted......it is implied everyone gets the same quote with this card but I would not be so sure.

What price is being quoted this week?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts