Galaxy Towbar

Apr 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

First post, and first time caravan owner,

I need to get a towbar fitted to my galaxy, and have been told that the reversing sensors could be a problem, has anyone had any experience with this?

Andy

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
HELLO ANDY, I tow with a 2002 galaxy which has reversing sensors and was also adviced by my towbar fitter that they would be a problem. he gave me two choices, disconnect the sensors or have a detachable towbar fitted. we opted for a brink detachable bar as we did not want the sensor removing and we are very glad we did. it was only about 75.00 pounds more expensive and does not spoil the looks of the car when you do not need to tow, more importantly with the rising cases of cars with towbars being stolen by our traveller friends to enable them to steal caravans it makes your car less vulnerable to theft. when our bar is fitted the reversing alarm will go off continually when the car is in reverse and it gets annoying to have to keep cancelling it when you are reversing on to a pitch.

Apr 30, 2005
Visit site
HELLO ANDY, I tow with a 2002 galaxy which has reversing sensors and was also adviced by my towbar fitter that they would be a problem. he gave me two choices, disconnect the sensors or have a detachable towbar fitted. we opted for a brink detachable bar as we did not want the sensor removing and we are very glad we did. it was only about 75.00 pounds more expensive and does not spoil the looks of the car when you do not need to tow, more importantly with the rising cases of cars with towbars being stolen by our traveller friends to enable them to steal caravans it makes your car less vulnerable to theft. when our bar is fitted the reversing alarm will go off continually when the car is in reverse and it gets annoying to have to keep cancelling it when you are reversing on to a pitch.
Many thanks John

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts