Garmin Express won't connect to my Avtex Tourer One....I cannot update the maps!

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I can no longer update my Avtex Tourer One by connecting to WiFi due to lack of space on the device. As advised by Avtex I installed a larger, 32Gb Micro SD in my SatNav, but still there is apparently insufficient space for European maps. An onscreen message on the SatNav directed me to use Garmin Express, but try as I might Garmin Express will not recognise my SatNav when it is connected to my MacBook. I have tried two different Garmin cables, two different USB ports, but whilst the MacBook recognises the 'Garmin' device connected and the Avtex (Garmin) device recognises it is connected to my MacBook, Garmin Express cannot see the attached device. Anybody out there who has experienced similar issues?

Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine sometimes has difficulty recognising the device via Garmin Express so I go to my account on the Garmin website and use that if necessary. I also have to remove earlier maps to free up space even with its own memory and 32 gb sd card. Each update seems to be a totally fresh download of everything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts