Gas BBQ Point

Aug 28, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

Newbie question.

Just picked up an Abbie GTS 419. It’s got a bbq gas point but no connector or adapter.

Is it a universal fitting and what do I need to connect a gas pipe?

TIA

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome Ian.

I think there are a few designs. try to find a name on it. Or look in the handbook.

Think about if it will be useful, particularly if you use an awning. They are located in a poor position often covered by the awning. I think it is recommended to only use a shortish tube which limits where the BBQ goes ending too close to van and/or awning making a fat splashing and fire hazard.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Ian.

I think there are a few designs. try to find a name on it. Or look in the handbook.

Think about if it will be useful, particularly if you use an awning. They are located in a poor position often covered by the awning. I think it is recommended to only use a shortish tube which limits where the BBQ goes ending too close to van and/or awning making a fat splashing and fire hazard.

John
Welcome Ian, this is the type I have, go to a website such as lesure direct etc. Although my BBq a cadac states 1 meter hose, I use a 2 meter hose to keep well away from the awning and no problem.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
There are different fittings as I discovered when I went to get one from an accessory shop. Best thing is to take a few photos of the BBQ point and take it to the shop. Saves embarrassment when asked what it looks like and my reply is “ not a clue”
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There was a recent post where Dusty (I think) posted picture and link to a connector on his Bailey. I have used some like Hutch posted to be able to use different gas types and cylinder on my Cadac. Quick release so that I can use different gas bottle regulators.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts