Gas Regulator Identity Please

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
regs.jpg

Found a couple of the red versions "lost" somewhere in the garage. The blue is the standard reg for a Valor bottle but what do the red versions fit? I suspect "patio gas" but not sure.
Can anyone confirm please.
I probably cut them from something bought some time ago Maybe a BBQ for one?

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
I have another one which came from a small BBQ. That one is all bare metal and looks exactly as yours does from underneath. My red ones seem to have a fixing system almost identical with the blue Calor reg. The only real difference is the height of the central valve/gas release. The Calor one protrudes further but beyond that they are very alike.
My all bare metal one is far closer to yours in that the mechanism for retaining it on the bottle seems to be an internal movable grip thingy! (Yours shines and like mine seems to have a sharp edge)
Hoping now that I don't have three different regs!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have another one which came from a small BBQ. That one is all bare metal and looks exactly as yours does from underneath. My red ones seem to have a fixing system almost identical with the blue Calor reg. The only real difference is the height of the central valve/gas release. The Calor one protrudes further but beyond that they are very alike.
My all bare metal one is far closer to yours in that the mechanism for retaining it on the bottle seems to be an internal movable grip thingy! (Yours shines and like mine seems to have a sharp edge)
Hoping now that I don't have three different regs!
I’d search for the two codes under the TPA or go onto TPA website as there doesn’t appear to be another type code as there is on mine. Also mine is a different EN number.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
According to the label on the red one on the right, it is rated at 37mBar Propane. That is the old standard pressure for Propane in the UK. The fact it is a push on regulator rather than a screw on one also suggests its for a domestic type portable appliances rather than an industrial appliances.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Seems that there is potential for utter confusion when deciding which reg fits!
The one below is sold as : BBQ TPA Gas Regulator, Low Pressure 27mm 37mbar Calor LPG Regulator .
Notice the "calor" but so far as I can tell it's exactly the same as mine which certainly doesn't fit a calor cylinder.
2022-07-14_08-59-03.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts