Gas Regulator

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, looking for advice with our regulator. Not sure what we need to connect to it to connect it to our canister does anyone have any ideas?
CF46CAF0-ED1D-48DF-973B-6035E2879ACB.jpeg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean, connect to the gas Bottle, and what type of gas are you using, .
Welcome to the forum , by the way. A photo of your gas bottle and the end of the flexy "pigtale" would help.

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site
So the issue we are having is that the butane pigtail is 20 mm and the fixing on our regulator is smaller so trying to find a fixing to screw onto the regulator to attach the pigtail but can’t seem to find any answers on the issue

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So the issue we are having is that the butane pigtail is 20 mm and the fixing on our regulator is smaller so trying to find a fixing to screw onto the regulator to attach the pigtail but can’t seem to find any answers on the issue
The connection to the regulator is common fir butane or propane but the end that connects to the cylinder is specific to each gas. Do you have a picture of your pigtail connection to the cylinder and the cylinder too.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The regulator is a motorhome unit and is a single inlet from the cylinder and single outlet to the appliances.

The other smaller connection is a test point and MUST have a sealing blanking cap fitted to it.

If that cap is missing then the regulator MUST be replaced.

The regulator pictured is not the original regulator , which was a Truma unit, so this is something a previous owner has fitted .

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
The regulator is a motorhome unit and is a single inlet from the cylinder and single outlet to the appliances.

The other smaller connection is a test point and MUST have a sealing blanking cap fitted to it.

If that cap is missing then the regulator MUST be replaced.

The regulator pictured is not the original regulator , which was a Truma unit, so this is something a previous owner has fitted .
I also noticed that the regulator had been fitted as an in service replacement, (and there are many that have because of the high number of Truma branded regulators which failed. I replace the failed Truma on our last caravan for the same reason).
Furthermore, I also noticed the missing cover for the test point which really should be fitted.
I am interested to know, why you state the regulator is a motorhome unit, and what is notable about the single inlet and outlet ports?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The type shown was originally made for motorhomes with the inlet at 90 degrees to the outlet to allow the pigtail to connect with ease in what are generally very tight motorhome gas lockers where trying to fit to a top entry regulator put too much strain on the pigtail .

I mentioned the single inlet and outlet to dispel the thought that the test point connection was a normal outlet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts