Get us started

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We're on our third Coachman in 7 years and have been happy with not only the 'vans but the enthusiasm and support from the company itself. Well done to Jim and the Coachman crew for making a 'van that ticks pretty much all the boxes our family needs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martin
We are on our first Coachman after a Bailey,2 Swifts and 3 Abbeys, sadly after after just over 2 years, we have concluded that this is our most disappointing van to date,when using it we really like the van and while the build quality seems good, we have encountered issues with the shower,the heating, the wheels and the hi level brake light,I know these are all outside suppliers,but having bought Coachman on recommendation and their reputation for quality we are now in the position where we would be reluctant to have another.

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
We are happy with our 2006 Amara 4 Berth. It is our second caravan, our first being an ABI from 1990 to try out. I have added a couple of bits, a second 240v socket at the front near the door and another on the bed by the hot water controls. I also added a water filter under the bed, on the cold supply for the kitchen, can't understand why there was not a filter fitted at factory. Looking forward to many years of happy caravanning, SWMBO will not let me change it for a newer model, she loves it. (It is a Wanda homes special Wanderer)

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
This is my first ever forum message. Here goes. We purchased a 2016 Coachman VIP 545 after trading a trusted entry level Swift. The layout works really well for us as we have family stay with us regularly. Unfortunately we have found very poor build quality. Little things such as screws falling out of the oven casing, locks, lights and door handles not working. Worst of all is a leak that occurs if it rains whilst towing. It doesn't have to be a heavy downpour either. Grantham Caravans are being excellent in assisting us. My disappointment is with the Coachman after sales. I was sent a standard email reply which showed that the person had not read the email at all and have had no further response from them. I understand that there can be problems from time to time and was not overly concerned as it's still in warranty. I am concerned about Coachmans attitude. Has anyone had any dealings with aftersales? Could they recommend anyone helpful? Many thanks and happy caravanning.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Jules77, hi my 2013, VIP 560/4 has a cracked rear, panel and I am dealing with trevor@coachman.co.uk and another helpfull person is matthew@coachman.co.uk.
I am waiting for coachman to reply to me about picking up the van to be taken to the factory, for repair and investigation as to why it cracked.
And sorry I didnt like the build standards of the new vans , too flimsy.

Hutch

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the information. It sounds like Trevor might be the man! Will see how we get on.

I hope all goes well with your broken panel.

Thanks

Julie

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Earlier this year, I found a crack in the top left of my rear panel, as the dealer I purchased it from had gone out business, I was told by Coachman to take it to a dealer and they would deal with a waranty claim. I went to a dealer near to me and was told that he couldn't even look at it until January, and why not buy a new van and let them sort it out,so I walked drove away from them, And had a coffee in nearby Banbury.
I contacted Wayne at Direct lesuire Repairs , in Newark on Trent, and he handled a Warranty claim for me, without seeing, the van but asked for photos. Coachman agreed the van had to go back to the factory, and I was to wait until they could arrange a date to take it to Marquise Caravans in Northampton, ( who was not the dealer, that told me to buy a new one).
As I had not heard from Coachman for over 10 day I called Matthew and he said it was bad news as they would not be able to collect it until January 9th. As we lived in the Milton Keynes area. I said I was wiling to bring it to Hull. He said he would call back in the afternoon. 1/2 an hour later, he asked when could I bring it up and next Monday is agreed. So at the moment a happy bunny. He told me it could take a while as they are having two workshops refurbished but t least its in the system.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
20160812_134229_zpstc0mia46.jpg

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I said I was wiling to bring it to Hull. He said he would call back in the afternoon. 1/2 an hour later, he asked when could I bring it up and next Monday is agreed. So at the moment a happy bunny. He told me it could take a while as they are having two workshops refurbished but t least its in the system.

Even if you take it up Monday it still may not be worked on until January or February. :) The panels have to come from the suppliers who may need to add your type of panel into the production schedule. I speak from experience.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, WC, yes Matthew mentioned that it could take that long, but it will be in their factory and they will eventually want it away. So at least the start date is not Early January. Time for house decorating, and I have the use of a Bailey Valencia, if we really need to get away. As the owners are in Switzerland until April. :p

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
It's better in a Bailey. Feel free to popsie in for a cuppa. May be a bit up in the air as the log burner is being fitted but hey ho we won't be bothered by that.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Of our caravans the Coachman was the best built but the weights got beyond our company cars. From looking at the forums the quality has dropped a bit of late and the reduction of the guarantee from five to three years looks like a loss of confidence in their product.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Martin, forgot to get a contact for you, have to contact Parksy, dropped Van off this morning, with Trevor, and he is going to give me a call next week, on progress.
Had to empty it all, put two full gas bottles in the front and spare wheel inside at the front. Didnt even bother check the nose weight but I couldn't lift the hitch.
Took the dogs to Mablethorpe beach and then home.
See how long before I get the van back.
I will contact Parksy. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, recieved a call from Trevor at Coachman today to say my Caravan has had the rear panel replaced and is ready for collection, which I shall do on Thursday, get it home and fit a new tailored carpet all the way through, and refit everything and hopefully out in a few weeks time.
WC, that was quicker than I had hoped, only two weeks.
Hutch

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, yes got back fine, the van looked excellent, they had cleaned and resealed all around the locker doors as well. Unfortunatley the rain back to MK to its toll, so need another good wash, thanks for the chat and Coffee. :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts