Getting my first motorhome insurance

Aug 3, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I have just retired and we are about to buy a motorhome. Probably an a class in the £50,000-£60,000 range. It will be stored in the road outside our house as we don’t have any choice about this.

I’ve had a little look at the comparison websites for insurance and it seems that they are extremely sensitive to security equipment.

I have two questions, therefore,

1) What is the best place to start to get quotes? Are all the comparison websites the same or are some better than others? Are there any motorhome insurance providers who don’t subscribe to the comparison sites who are also worth getting a quote from?

2) Which additional security items produce the best improvements in insurance quotes? I’ve seen references to Thatcham immobilisers, clutch claws, wheel clamps, additional wheel clamps (presumedly meaning two rather than one) and a variety of other things. What gives you the best value on the quote for the least aggravation and cost?

Thanks a million.

Chris

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
If you the member of any of the clubs try them as well. I am the member of the Caravan and motor home club and they have always been cheapest for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts