Glass Hob Cover falls off!

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
We have a Thetford Cooker K1520 in our 2019 Swift Eccles 645. Unfortunately the glass hob cover came off and landed on the floor, bending the metal surround, when a member of staff at the dealership we bought the 'van from was towing it from their workshop to the car park after doing some warranty work.
Needless to say they are replacing it free of charge but we are concerned it could happen again when we're towing it as we have seen mention online that this can happen. Has anyone else had this experience and what do you do to prevent it happening again? I will tape it down for travelling but just wonder if anyone has a better idea.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
It happened to us in our Pegasus as I lifted it-came off in my hands-very simple fix -check the little grub screws under the hinges at the back evry so often-don't overtighten or you will break the glass, but they seem to work loose.

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
My cover fell off twice so I applied a bit of clear silicone sealer between the rubber and the glass. This removed the need to tighten the screws to much and risk shattering the glass.

I hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts