Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hiya again folks. When arranging with my sister to visit for a few days she suggested I gather up all the old gold jewelery that had been accumulating in drawers etc, as she had it in mind to visit the Jewellery Quarter in BRUM to see what we could get for it.I duly did as I was told.she may be younger than me but she is very bossy!!The treasure consisted of a few odd earrings,broken chain,bracelet and 2 rings belonging to HIMSELF,one of which had been sawn off his finger due to an allergic reaction to a wasp sting!!I put in in a bag and thought I would be happy with £50 for my meager haul.My sister had a few more earrings so she though £75 might be her bounty.With our treasure in hand, off we went.On entering the little shop I felt like a down and out pawning my wedding ring to pay for booze!!I was embarrased by the idea of handing over the "rubbish" I had brought.The chap behind the desk had obviously seen our sort many times before!! He was pleasant and cheery as he tossed our offering onto the scales.I felt like apologising for foisting our rubbish on him.I quickly became besotted by him when he handed me £243 FOR MY SCRAP!!! My sister and self showed no emotion as we left the shop over £600 better off between the 2 of us.Yes thats right get rummaging but make sure you go to a pawnbrokers or jewellers,not postal services for the REAL DEAL!!!

I hope my little sister gets another good idea soon!

Thursdays Child

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
You are right:

Research for the consumer group showed that the gold companies that advertise on television offer an average of just 6% of the gold's retail value.

More on the subject here

May 25, 2008
Visit site
as a rough guide only

hallmarked or unhallmarked:

Gold

Silver

Platinum

Palladium

Buying Prices Buying prices for scrap (including unhallmarked)

9 Carat Gold per gram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes I read that report. The test involved sending of various pieces of gold including a 9 carat necklace that one of the team paid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts