Good and bad news on windbreaks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats not a wind break, it is a stronghold. Next thing will be a moat, around it.
I have seen windbreaks around caravans where, dogs are running around barking all the time. Protecting. Madness

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nearly five minutes of guff and it’s still not fully out of the bag. I’m very grateful that I can slide the cursor along and “ spot watch”. Must find time watch the end four minutes to see what it looks like when erected.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thats not a wind break, it is a stronghold. Next thing will be a moat, around it.
I have seen windbreaks around caravans where, dogs are running around barking all the time. Protecting. Madness
With the amount of rain we are getting there will be a moat around the ones that are in use ;)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the Dometic Kampa Air windbreak and knowing what we know now we would not have bought it. It is easy to erect and for Kampa the quality is good.
The BIG downside is if it is raining the night before packing away, you then need to erect it again at home to dry out as the things can get sodden with water.
Secondly these things never deflate back to what they were before unpacking so you end up with a rather bulky package.
Where the wall joins the bottom tube there is a nice recess for many things to party away and is another hassle cleaning out. Also a nice recess for water to gather.
If you have it on hard standing I am guessing that on a windy day the windbreak will flex back and forth which cannot be good for the underside of the bottom air tube.
We do find it handy to erect on hardstanding as no banging in poles as we use screw pegs however I think we will be dragging out our Jorma again and put up with sore wrist for a day or so. I have since bought a nice 22mm masonery drill bit to pre drill the holes so less banging in. LOL!
:D

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for that info Ian.

If we get one, we would like to use it as one cranked section then the next two straight. This would fit nicely with our Fiamma. Do you think the bend will straighten, perhaps with a ‘U’ shaped plastic capping made from 100mm drain pipe?

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Nearly five minutes of guff and it’s still not fully out of the bag. I’m very grateful that I can slide the cursor along and “ spot watch”. Must find time watch the end four minutes to see what it looks like when erected.

It was overlong for sure, budding actor I think. He found it important to demonstrate that he has a bean to cup coffee machine. But that is exactly what the slider is there for.

(btw, we have a b to c machine too, addicted to it) 😛

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

If we get one, we would like to use it as one cranked section then the next two straight. This would fit nicely with our Fiamma. Do you think the bend will straighten, perhaps with a ‘U’ shaped plastic capping made from 100mm drain pipe?

John
Never tried it, but as the pressure is about 7psi it is quite rigid in shape and I would think trying to straighten it will cause kinks where the pipe ends on either side. They are not very flexible for shape. We sometimes use our Jormax windbreak in conjunction with the air break.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
This is the Kampa(non air)we have.
Rock steady when its erected and folds down neatly into its small holdall.
View attachment 1905

Very nice, we have an Isabella at the moment, but trying to get somthing simpler. Age and incapacity rule.

I first looked at getting adjustable universal stays. But can’t find any availability.

At the moment I have made fixed length stays from electrical conduit, these work OK. Otherwise far too many guy ropes.

91913EF8-6B32-4133-B1E7-1767931F5FF3.jpeg

John

PS H&S note the cane protectors on the top so people don’t pone their eyes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Looks nice John and love the H&S precautions.

I see there's a couple like mine on Ebay but going for silly money.

I paid £125 for ours 18 months ago.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve only seen the Kampa air windbreak a few times and wasn’t impressed but probably the people who erected it, I’ve bought the pole version of the Kampa windbreak, I’ve only tried it in the garden but I’ll be using it next 3 weeks as we’re off on Saturday, I’ve got the 5 panel one which gives 7 meters. What I like is it’s rigidity and having the pole going horizontal between each section, I’ve even bought solar lights to liven it all across the top, this is a big get together for us, with 5 separate outfits and 12 family members so I’ve gone to town getting things just right, spent far too much but you only live once.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

John
Hi John if you get one you could always try it and see if it would work :)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi John if you get one you could always try it and see if it would work :)

They sell the sentinal like yours at Atwools, very close to us. None in stock, but the may have one on display. If so I can see for myself.

The Aldi and Vango look very similar.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday and today have been quite windy and we had no issue with our air windbreak although it did wave about. It was tied to front of caravan gran handle and up against awning. Poor people across the way with a Vango standing alone had it flapping around much better.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
They sell the sentinal like yours at Atwools, very close to us

Attwools.......I could spend hours in there just browsing.😊
I usually drop the wife off in garden centre,then head on "over the road".

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They sell the sentinal like yours at Atwools, very close to us. None in stock, but the may have one on display. If so I can see for myself.

The Aldi and Vango look very similar.

John
They look exactly the same the air one but mine is a pole one in the photo below

Attachments

• sentinel-windbreak.jpg
    sentinel-windbreak.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Very nice, we have an Isabella at the moment, but trying to get somthing simpler. Age and incapacity rule.

I first looked at getting adjustable universal stays. But can’t find any availability.

At the moment I have made fixed length stays from electrical conduit, these work OK. Otherwise far too many guy ropes.

View attachment 1906

John

PS H&S note the cane protectors on the top so people don’t pone their eyes out.
Looks Nice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts