good campsites in Dordogne

Jan 25, 2006
Visit site
silly question time... anyone know of a really good campsite there. looking to spend a week or more there in early septmeber. must be able to accomodate dog - dosen't have to be all signing and dancing just nice.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
richard

two years ago we stayed at Gorges du chambon. Eymouthiers this is in the north,using camping checks went to stay 3 nights and stayed 14 great site that time of year, will be back when time permits.

G

Richard,

I can recommend Camping La Val de la Marquise, just outside Le Buges. Very nice site, but quiet outside the main holiday season. The owners are very helpful and the surrounding area is attractive. They are listed in the CC European guide. We arwe going back again this year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard - have a look at Camping Les Deux Vallees at Vitrac, near Sarlat. Good site out of season (we stayed there in late November)and in a good area for looking around.

Chris

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Richard,

Last June we, that is my self, wife and dog, stayed at Beau-Rivage at La Roque Gageac. There are pitches along the river bank. Very dog friendly, good swimmimg pool, restaurant, bar and shop. Highly recommended.

web site is www.camping-beau-rivage.com

Check it out.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
richard

two years ago we stayed at Gorges du chambon. Eymouthiers this is in the north,using camping checks went to stay 3 nights and stayed 14 great site that time of year, will be back when time permits.
This site does not allow dogs

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
A nice little site, owned by an elderly Englishman is Camping Le Heron, about 10km SW of Souilac. It is small (about 22 pitches) with a swimming pool, washing up area, washing m/c, free showers, and is about 250m from the River Dordogne, good for dog walks. When we stayed there last July there were only three outfits at any one time.

The address is Camping Le Heron, Mareuil, 46200 Le Roc.

Tel: 05 65 37 67 38

email: vpassingham@free.fr

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at a super site last year and have booked again this year it is Port de la Limeuil,and is on the banks of the River Dordogne at its confluence with the River Vessere.

Fairly small but immaculate even the tiles above the water line in the swimming pool are polished ( I kid you not)has small take away,bar and shop and has canoes if you are into that sort of thing.Well worth a visit you can find it in the Select Sites brochure.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony, I'm so glad that this site is still as good as it was! We stayed there in 1991 and loved it. If there was ever a campsite that I would love to own, this was it. We always meant to go back, but it has never quite happened - yet. One day soon, I hope...

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Yes in all the years that we have done France we must have stayed on dozens of sites but this is the best not least of all because easy access to red wine.The owners mother and father (divorced) between them have three sites on the Loire all good and Diddias( I think thats how you spell it)brother bought Chen Vert site by Sarlat last year so the whole family is very experienced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts