Goodby Vanners

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
We made the reluctant decision three weeks ago and now it's reality.

Goodby Caravaning after all these years - reason, can't afford all our various interests anymore and something had to go.

It's fuel cost, road tax, van insurance, van service not to speak of towcar service and insurance costs all eating away at our savings.

Sold the Bailey very easily on Caravan Finder for a good price and the faithful Shogun was traded for a Focus estate.

Sad of course but the reality of a Pensioners shrinking income in the face of rising costs on all fronts has to be faced somehow and I didn't want to give up my classic car or eating and drinking and I am not brave enough to go to prison for not paying CT.

I will miss the banter on this forum and the opinions as well as the wonderful explorations of our beautiful countryside that has been caravanning for us.

All the best

Dave

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
David,

A sad tale of todays times; what a tough decision.

At least having been there and done it is better than never to have known the pleasures of our hobby.

Keep buying a lottery ticket and "you never know".

Good luck,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

Why will you need to miss the banter on this forum? Even though you no longer have your caravan, who knows what may happen in the future? Also, with your experience of caravanning and touring you will be able to offer advice and answer queries that may crop up which you may have experience of. Losts of people ask about sites and different areas, all of which you have experience of, stay on the forum and enjoy the chats! Experience counts for everything!

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Dave

Why will you need to miss the banter on this forum? Even though you no longer have your caravan, who knows what may happen in the future? Also, with your experience of caravanning and touring you will be able to offer advice and answer queries that may crop up which you may have experience of. Losts of people ask about sites and different areas, all of which you have experience of, stay on the forum and enjoy the chats! Experience counts for everything!
I agree with Lorraine, Dave. Keep poking your head into the forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts