Graham W

Sparkes

Lolly

Maureen

emmerson

Glenn Stockton

Mark & sharon

Joanne

I don't think I'll be coming on here any more now as we are all entitled to our opinons but unfortunately I feel there are quite a few bullies and bigots on here at the moment. 12 Months ago, this was a great fun forum.

Yes, I appreciate I do have some storng views on certain subjects, however, I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I don't consider myself to be an old fuddy duddy at 45. I also don't consider myself to be a 'PC' pushover social worker type person but unfortunately, that's how some people appear to see me. That's their perogative.

Anyway, thanks for all the help and advice over the past three years or so, it has been appreciated.

Take care.

Lisa

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Oh Lisa I felt like that a few days ago, but you have been on this forum for some time now, with you contributing such a lot to this forum. I am all your friends that you have listed will have something to say about this. You cannot just leave. Just lay low like I was advised, I expect you will get a message from the moderators. Please keep posting. Kind Regards Liz

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Don't you dare Lisa.

Your opinions are more than welcome on here and if some disagree that's their problem. Remember a lot of the "bullies and bigots" are probably ONE person only on here to pick on whoever they can, posting the opposite view just for the hell of it just to make their sad lives more exciting.

I've met you Lisa, you ain't no quitter !!!

Brian (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa you are not a quiter - you are a fighter therefore your presence is required on this forum even though you left me out on your original posting. As Liz said she was on a low a few days ago and we persuaded her to stay. What on earth are we going to say to Lord B. He will have our guts for garters - please for our sake think again and come back to the forum and enjoy life. If nothing else you provided a lot of friendship to many people and for that reason don't let your friends down. COME BACK NOW.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The doors locked, Lisa. You can't get out. I would like to help, I have a key, but my obligations to the forum mean I have to keep you here. I can let you out from time to time, but don't expect to go far, you're also tagged.

Don't forget, I know where all the bodies are buried ( you shouldn't be practicing on Phil, though), and where else are you going to display photo's of Van Diesel?

OK, that's the threats over with, now comes the pleading (I'm saving denial, for a last resort), don't leave us, not all alone in this wilderness. Who will champion the underdog, who will raise Emmersons blood pressure? Surely you can devote time to us and at the same time ignore the detractors, and as our Crufts representative, it's in your contract to stay.

Remember, I know where you live, don't make me come round there and sit you in front of the computer, cos I will, you know.

45? Hmmm, don't think so....

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Can someone please point me at these topics as I have been a little absent recently?

Lisa, hold fire girl. At least until you have calmed down and i have a chance to catch up

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, you've just raised my BP by threatening to leave! Don't do it mate, we need you. Just tell us who upset you and we'll send the boys round. (although with all those firemen around, you could probably send your own) Please stay.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Don't do it!!!!
gavpipes

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
in a lot of ways I can see what you are get at Lisa.

i to have stop post on this site as much as i used to.

as it seem that there some poeple who seem to behay like kids in the school play ground.

Mark

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
in a lot of ways I can see what you are get at Lisa.

i to have stop post on this site as much as i used to.

as it seem that there some poeple who seem to behay like kids in the school play ground.

Mark
but do not let them push you around Lisa by make you go as they are not were the time off day.

Mark

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Don't do it Lisa! Don't give into the bullies so readily. Unfortunately, some contributors only wish their own 'voices and feelings' to be heard and are happy to shout down anyone not willing to agree with them. Personally they can go to h.ll I don't care. I just like 'hanging around' with good people like yourself and those named in your posting. Come back - we all miss you already!

And (I know bad grammar) how will we know how Diesel gets on at shows?

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can see your point Lisa. I haven't had many run-ins with people at all, but I hardly post now (although I have a good read now and again). I have always tried to post replies only to topics that I definitely know about, rather than thinking that I know everything and answering all posts.

I believe that the forum is currently dominated by one person, who has an opinion on everything and does not allow others to have their own thoughts and ideas. The whole point of discussion and debate is to allow different viewpoints to emerge. Sometimes there is a right answer, but sometimes there are differing views. I really struggle with people who cannot accept that an opposite or different view is as valid as their own. Note "view" as opposed to "fact".

Sometimes the best response is to do and say nothing. There are dozens and dozens of posts that I could have replied to, to impose my view purely for the sake of argument, but who is to say that my opinion is more or less valid than another contributor? Obviously I'm not talking about "concrete fact" discussions here, but subjects where there is no "right" answer - the 2.5M caravan debate is a fine example.

Anyway, all the best whatever you decide.

Mike

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Lisa,

I can see why you feel the way you do about the way this forum has been headed recently; however, I believe the number of 'bullies and bigots' as you called them, are very few rather than quite a few as you suggested.

The 'very few' though, when posting across many threads, has in my opinion recently been preventing the type of constructive discussion which we used to enjoy. Threads all too often now are usurped by the I know best, been there done that, inability to see others' points of view, and (almost?) personal 'attack' mentality. In fact I will probably be adversely criticised for saying so.

Mike P in his post above seems to have summed it up well. If he, and I am sure others can identify the problem, surely the moderators could do something about it.

Where once it was a pleasure to visit the forum, I now frequently find myself thinking, "Here we go again" when reading what should be an informative and interesting thread.

Please do not leave the forum, or the disruptive element will have won!

Enjoy your holidays,

Trevor M

G

Would it be possible for you to be a little more specific on where you feel that the Forum has let you down, if necessary direct this through the Moderator. I only ask because if there are areas where things have not been what you expected, then we, as other members, have a right to know so we can endeavour to correct them. I also admit to having decided? to quit a while back but was encouraged by the Mod to stay the decision and allow things to 'cool'. I can only suggest you do the same. I will be honest and state I thought things had become remarkably quiet with regard to 'slanging matches'. Did I miss some?

I also feel that as a group Forum we will go through 'learning phases' and things will settle down to be very pleasant for a while, then of course someone will throw a brickbat back in and upset everything. I am afraid that is probably part of life and we have to work around it.

I also think with amusement when sitting on a site as I look around the various outfits around me, are any of these people those 'b.....s' on the Forum? Is that old codger with the Abbey Kanga?? etc. Is that lady with all the dogs ......?

Well, when you have no telly what else is there to do?

Take a break and rejoin.

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
Having read this topic, and seen the replies to the original post, if users have problems with the forum, and it is something which we can help with, please do not hesitate to Email the mods at pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

With any site, some users appear to dominate, but unless their postings are way out of order, it is not possible, or right, to censor just for the sake of it.

The same can be said of regular users, who, after some time see the forum as an extension of their circle of friends or aquaintances, and it becomes "personal"

Please remember this is just a Forum, where users can express their views, within reason, as long as they do not abuse the forum or its users.

At times it is probably wise to take a step back, re evaluate what you consider the problem to be, and see if there is a way of working around it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa stay and read the posts for a while don,t let them get you down, most of them hide behind another name or they are generaly know alls.

I have been reading this forum as long as you but not nearly as many posts but I allways look to see what LMH has got to say.

Think I have been visiting your Fire Station doing electrical repairs since 1991 when stn officer Woods was there and your predesesor was Tracey and the cook was Sandra.

Then the building was refurbished and you appeared.

I had not got a clue that LMH on here was Lisa at station 19 until this christmas.

Chin up don`t let them grind you down working with Firefighters you have got to have a sense of humour

Glenn.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson - Lisa MUST come back as she is part of the original team. I have been on this forum for quite a while (can't quite remember exact date) and Lisa was posting here then. If you pardon the expression she has been here so long she is now part of the furniture. Sorry Lisa - there is no way that this posting will end until you return to the fold. Wait until Lord B. returns - then you can watch out - he will be hounding you until you return.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson - Lisa MUST come back as she is part of the original team. I have been on this forum for quite a while (can't quite remember exact date) and Lisa was posting here then. If you pardon the expression she has been here so long she is now part of the furniture. Sorry Lisa - there is no way that this posting will end until you return to the fold. Wait until Lord B. returns - then you can watch out - he will be hounding you until you return.
Mr. Mod as you have Lisa's e-mail address could you not forward these letters of support to her and let her know she is wanted by all regular contributers (her friends) to return to the forum.

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
Mr. Mod as you have Lisa's e-mail address could you not forward these letters of support to her and let her know she is wanted by all regular contributers (her friends) to return to the forum.
I cannot access that information, but hopefully Mod 1 may be able to help in the morning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts