Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Myself and my partner have recently got into caravanning. Never thought I would enjoy it let alone own a caravan but here we are!

We own a Hymer Living 530 which we took out for its first adventure last weekend.

Unfortunately in transit back home we discovered the front of one of the grab handles had disappeared. I will upload a picture soon.

I have been looking if we can purchase two replacement grab handles as they have both seen better days. I'm struggling to find a replacement for our specific van and was hoping someone would be able to help.

Below is a link to the spec of the caravan: https://www.pirancaravansales.co.uk/336-hymer-living-530-fb

Thanks

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow, what a fantastic payload, that's what it should be.
Welcome to the forum Zeld, hopefully someone can help.

Reactions: zeld
May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you go on the Hymer UK website you can check the name of the nearest dealer and hopefully they can order the parts for you but I suspect at some cost. The caravans are imported in very small numbers which might make finding them elsewhere difficult although google might help.
The age might be a problem though and I doubt the breakers will have them, but may be worth a try.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome Zeld ,
can you measure accurately the remaining handle, screw points etc. Then have a chat with
They are one of many who may be able to supply a matching pair even if they are not Hymer OEM

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Welcome Zeld ,
can you measure accurately the remaining handle, screw points etc. Then have a chat with
They are one of many who may be able to supply a matching pair even if they are not Hymer OEM
Perfect thank you, I will have a measure up tonight and get in contact with them soon to see if they can assist.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I would wish to know how the grab handle became unattached - after all they should be firmly fixed to allow the user to manoeuvre the van - can you access the position from inside the locker to check this and the one that remains attached?

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
I would wish to know how the grab handle became unattached - after all they should be firmly fixed to allow the user to manoeuvre the van - can you access the position from inside the locker to check this and the one that remains attached?
For clarification its just the front facia of the handle that has fallen off not the entire handle itself.

Please find pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2525.jpg
    IMG_2525.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2527.jpg
    IMG_2527.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Hutch
Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
I also have another question regarding our hitch and towing if you don't mind! We currently have the OEM included model hitch. winterhoff ws3000

When towing we simply couple the hitch to the tow ball and press the lever down. We have performed the test of making sure its safely secured by raising the jockey wheel and it raises the car with the hitch.

However I can't feel there should be an additional locking mechanism on the hitch to ensure the lever does not pull up?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I also have another question regarding our hitch and towing if you don't mind! We currently have the OEM included model hitch. winterhoff ws3000

When towing we simply couple the hitch to the tow ball and press the lever down. We have performed the test of making sure its safely secured by raising the jockey wheel and it raises the car with the hitch.

However I can't feel there should be an additional locking mechanism on the hitch to ensure the lever does not pull up?
We have had vans with Winterhoff hitches. Unlike Al-Ko there is only the big stabiliser handle. Seemed to work. In fact unhitching a Winterhoff always seemed a damn sight more difficult than unhitching an Al-Ko.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have had vans with Winterhoff hitches. Unlike Al-Ko there is only the big stabiliser handle. Seemed to work. In fact unhitching a Winterhoff always seemed a damn sight more difficult than unhitching an Al-Ko.
Mel
Yep. Our new caravan with the first Winterhoff hitch we had come across, we had to get the dealer out to the site to detach the caravan from the car as no matter what I tried, it would not release.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I have the Winterhoff on my current van - it has not presented any problems - it is a spring closure and therefore takes some pressure to close and open. The pair of pads are readily available and I bought for my last AWS home service from Edwards Trailers in York (advertised ‘sale price’ at £39.59 +PP at the moment). Pleased I had them fitted by the techie as the front pad was difficult to click into place!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts