Green Toilet Solutions

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Next week Green toilet fluid is compulsory.
I have part used containers of three makes. Never rated any of them.
Any recommendations for a great green product that works?

What do you put into the flush cistern?

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Elsan Organic works a treat, you also use it mixed with water as rinse. Works as well as, if not better than the blue stuff. Smells better too, not such a harsh chemical smell.

Thanks for this post, you've just reminded me that I'm running low!

Reactions: Dustydog
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Next week Green toilet fluid is compulsory.
I have part used containers of three makes. Never rated any of them.
Any recommendations for a great green product that works?

What do you put into the flush cistern?
Are you serious DD?
Who has decided this?
Will this be for every site or just club ones?
By the way April 1st has gone!!!

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Are you serious DD?
Who has decided this?
Will this be for every site or just club ones?
By the way April 1st has gone!!!
Kev,
Quite a few CLs are now green. Their self functioning waste fermentation tanks don’t get emptied but the cleansed stuff gradually leaks back in the ground🤪.Our blue chemicals kill off the good bacteria causing a lot of problems and costs. Only ever had this on CLs.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So to clarify it's only on CLs?
I do have a bottle of green which I have used on sites that have stated that is there requirements.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We only ever use Green fluid. Elsan Organic is our first choice. It was mandatory on the site when we were seasonal as they had a septic tank. Never bothered to go back to buying Blue. Means we are sorted for any site.
mel

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I do have a bottle of green which I have used on sites that have stated that is there requirements.
There are commercial sites which are the same. I used it for the best part of my first year of caravanning, Only using blue at the moment because it was only thing in stock in Go Outdoors when I needed some. Just ordered a new 2L of Elsan Organic from Amazon. Absolutely nowt wrong with it. Did a lot of off gridding last year, and never had any trouble. *

* C'mon mods, lighten up!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Kev,
Quite a few CLs are now green. Their self functioning waste fermentation tanks don’t get emptied but the cleansed stuff gradually leaks back in the ground🤪.Our blue chemicals kill off the good bacteria causing a lot of problems and costs. Only ever had this on CLs.
Any site that isn't on mains drainage should insist on formaldehyde-free toilet chemicals - as well as many CL/CS sites it also includes and number of commercial sites.

I understood that formaldehyde had been removed from the blue fluids many years ago.

Reactions: Dustydog
Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Forgive the hijack of this thread.... But I too have a karzi related question (which may also assist the OP)

When I make the switch from blue back to green liquid, do I need to drain out the pink flush liquid? Will it interfere with the action of the green liquid in anyway?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
No Kev. Not just CLs but certainly a lot of commercial sites are going the same way.It all depends on their plumbing and waste systems

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Im not worried about using green, its just that I have just under a gallon (5 litre) of the blue which was purchased at end of last season, think I will go down Mels route when this one has been used up, green only.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I used Unichem/Onechem. Not green in colour but blue although it is organic and suitable for waste fermentation tanks. Comes as a concentrated fluid in a container with a dosing cap. It was also used in the flush tank.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't think "Pink" top flush fluid makes any difference.
And as for the Double Blue, does anyone know how many cc of yellow food colouring is needed to be added per 100 cc of blue .

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
IMO, there is no real argument to use anything, thus as green a solution as any normal WC, if you empty the cassette each morning. At my age the weight in man handling the thing anyway, plus I like to be up doing things early, make this routine no chore.
Presently though I tend to use a slug of Bio laundry fluid as experience over many years is these agents keep the cassette "clean"; again, a product that is extensively used in domestic sewerage systems be they mains, cess or septic.

Incidentally, there is way more to a product being "green" in the meaningful context, than simply colouring it with a green dye!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have tried various green products and we have yet to find one that works effectively. The biggest issue has been when emptying the cassette, the stench has been horrendous. Using blue it is bad, but green it is even worse.

However this was a few years ago so maybe things have improved since. At present we do carry the Thetford green in case it is required, but have not used it in the past 3 -4 years as no need and we use CLs constantly..

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Elsan double blue has served me well for years. All solids and paper dissolved, little or no pongs.The Thetford green was a waste of money. Any special suggestions for the best green please?

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts