grey 7 pin connector

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
we have just got a newer car that has the extra connector,the first time we have had this,can anyone tell me if,with this connected i still need an extra battery when in transit,or just when i dissconnect the plug,thanks,adrian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Adrian, The purpose of the 12S socket arrangement is to power the fridge / charge the battery in the van / provide a feed from the car battery to the van for the operation of lights etc.

How it does this changes slightly depending om whether the car is wired for per 98 convention or post 98 . The same applies to the van. What year is the van?

I am not to sure of what you mean in your question, but you would not need a battery in the van if you wanted power whilst you are travelling, as it will get it from the car battery. in post 98 wiring convention it would only do so if the car engine wasn't running. (incedentally if you do remove the battery from the van make sure the terminal leads cannot short together.

Any other queries just come back. Ray

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
Adrian, The purpose of the 12S socket arrangement is to power the fridge / charge the battery in the van / provide a feed from the car battery to the van for the operation of lights etc.

How it does this changes slightly depending om whether the car is wired for per 98 convention or post 98 . The same applies to the van. What year is the van?

I am not to sure of what you mean in your question, but you would not need a battery in the van if you wanted power whilst you are travelling, as it will get it from the car battery. in post 98 wiring convention it would only do so if the car engine wasn't running. (incedentally if you do remove the battery from the van make sure the terminal leads cannot short together.

Any other queries just come back. Ray
hi ray,thanks for your reply,all i want to do is cool the fridge down on my journey,there is no leisure battery on the van at the moment,it is about 1980.car is 1998,vectra,thanks,adrian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts