groundsheet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking at a couple of postings in response to Mike G's groundsheet query, I think it is really sad when people lay a plastic sheet under a breathable groundsheet, just to keep it clean. Don't they realise that it wrecks the pitch within 4 or 5 days? Can't they see that it is selfish to do this, and that the results can often be seen for the rest of the season? I accept that people with frame tents often can't avoid killing grass, but surely caravanners should take a more responsible and thoughtful line on this? We have even seen carpet in an awning, although the ultimate this year was on a seasonal pitch in Belgium - they had laminate flooring laid in the awning. I kid you not. We use a breathable sheet at Easter, but nothing in the summer. Why not give it a try? It's one less thing to carry, get out and put away.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'd like to say I agree with you Mike...the reason my ground sheet is like it is, is because we only use it where and when needed. ie when the spot has been spoiled by using other types of ground sheets. I avoid using any ground sheet when ever I can hence my ground sheet gets filthy which prompted my question in the first place. Mike G

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts