Guinivere

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone. My name is Emmerson and I have recently bought a classic 1987 Talbot Express Camelot. (hence the subject title!)
Herself and I are dyed-in-the-wool caravanners of almost 50 years experience, but one of us (who shall be nameless) persuaded me that we could have room for a camper as well.
As our leisure time (we are retired!) revolves around classic caravanning (we have a 1979 Royale Rangemaster, towed by a 1993 Range Rover LSE, both as rare as a rare thing!), the camper had to be old enough to fit in, but good enough to tour Europe with the Retro clubs,(as an occasional alternative to the Royale) and also small enough to be used as our daily driver.
It also had to have a petrol engine, and be cheap enough for us poor pensioners.
A tall order, I thought, as I was not totally convinced that we need a camper. After a couple of years looking, our Guinivere turned up almost on our doorstep, in Blaenavon, South Wales!
Bought back in July, we have used her for a couple of outings, including ten days in France, from which we returned still married! She seems incredibly small, but I am persevering, honest! We're heading off to Cumbria next week, for an open-ended tour, but will revert to the Royale for Europe in April.
Watch this space!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard, Emmerson.
Having a foot in both camps, you'll find that each has its advantages. When you want to stay in one place for a while, your faithful old caravan will still be your favourite, as it allows you to use your vehicle locally, hile still having a "home" to come back to.
Where Guinevere will come into her own will be for what I call "real touring" - where you travel during the day, perhaps pausing for a few hours for some attraction or other, but then finding somewhere to stop for the night before moving on the next day.
Enjoy yourselves, whichever way you do it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts