Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I was offshore last thursday and booked a site for the 15th online,

on thursday night i had an accident which involved 8 bar of trapped pressure and a 5" hose which blew and threw me to the ground,

it resulted in a fractured food a dislocated collar bone, and a fracture to my scull,

after 3 days in a hospital in Baku i am eventually home and along with the 2 kids the OH now has me to look after, i feel gutted as it will be ages before i can get away in th van again and allso that i cant help out with the 7 week old wee yin,

I do no it could have been a lot worse and my heart goes out to the familys of the poor guys who were lost on the rig on mexico..

Rab

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Crikey Rab!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you will make a full recovery very soon.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Rab,

I too work in the oil industry in Leeds we manufacture build & test fully built trees on site, in fact about 10' the other side of the wall from my bench & they are now testing @ over 20,000psi in the test bays, i once saw a hanger / running tool which when unlocked a seal had gone and it came strait out and smashed into a overhead crane.... very very frightening.

Hope you get well soon !

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
As an ex offshore person for I know the hazards you have to face every day and during my time I've been surrounded by accidents and incidents, death and destruction, you certainly earn your salary. On a similar note I had a friend who lost an eye due to trapped pressure in an hydraulic line, so take care and get well soon.

sorry to hear of your accident,you will be better in no time soon and at least you are home unlike my hubby who was laid flat on his back in hospital for six months,keep your chin up and enjoy the time with the family,you yust being there will be a help,there is always someone worse of than you,so count your blessings.get better soon sarah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts