Haggerston Castle Holiday Park, Northumberland.

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Hello

We are booked here for a week in July with our tourer, as some friends have booked a static on site from Haven Holidays. They are paying around £500 in the static and our fee's are just £75 for the week, including entertainment passes

I wondered if any one had been recently and could tell me what the toilet block and facilities were like for tourers and also the security on the park, or if anyone had any problems while there.

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Alexander, The touring site at haggerston has two parts, one is rows of van with access roads inbetween the other is a horseshoe shape in a small wood.

The problem i thought from a tourer point of view is that everything is geared at or around the castle. The tourers dont have their own park or playfeild, to some this may not be an issue, but we try avoid the disco/slot machines/pubs and such.

Like other haven parks there is a lot of groups af teenagers and lots of noise, the place can be expensive but one thing i will say, you will never find a warmer outdoor pool anywhere, the last time i was there it was like a bath!!!

It's not for everyone but if you have half an ides what to expect well you will be fine...... what security concerns did you have.

John

P.S. We once paid

Oct 18, 2006
Visit site
i have been there 3 times, but i would not go back again, it's a geared around young families, it is never quiet cars and tractor moving gas always on the go. I would not use the toilet block unless i really had to, you find them dirty grass in the shower cubicles, after being there i changed to a caravan with a larger bathroom so i could use my own facilites from then on. The park does have 24 hr security and there is a mobile number you can call. I would go back to lakeland (lake district) instead of haggerston.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi andrew,

we`ve been there many times and got flooded out once,but that could happen anywhere.

go and enjoy yourselves m8,the entertainment is great for the kids & yourselves

the shower block etc cant be bad because lots of people use them?

thumbs up from me for haggeston

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts