Happy New Year.......NOT!!!!!!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Managed to get down to storage compound Saturday after its been left for about 7 weeks.
Everything was fine so opened everything up to give it a good airing.
1.30 this afternoon had a phone call from the compound/farm owner with the bad news.
Mine,along with a couple of other vans had been "visited" by the unmentionables.☹
This is what I was greeted with upon arrival at compound.

Absolutely gutted.
They used a bar to lever the lock side of the door open then remove it from the hinges.
Nothing inside the van was stolen.
They couldn't have even stepped inside the van which would have set off the infra red alarm.(owner may not have heard it if it had of sounded).
Police notified,insurance claim at the ready then main dealer for quote.(probably a long,long time to get a new door).
Going to try and squeeze the van in,in our driveway tomorrow.
Good start to 2022 I don't think.

Attachments

• 20220103_140917_compress40.jpg
    20220103_140917_compress40.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 20220103_141057_compress94.jpg
    20220103_141057_compress94.jpg
    889.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220103_143417_compress44.jpg
    20220103_143417_compress44.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • Angry
Reactions: Bluetonic
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to hear your bad news, we had a similar visit a few years ago when in storage, nothing taken from our or other vans, as a result we extended our garden wall and stored van at home. Just as an aside was the door still there or had they taken it?

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Me too Parksy.
Not sure if you remember one of my previous posts re;storage site required servicing by themselves??
Wish now,I had stayed with them.
Compound was like "Fort Knox".
They say you learn by your mistakes.☹

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just bad luck then Ade, they needed a door and yours was available to them, hope you manage to get it sorted soon, maybe see whether a door is available from a breakers, subject to insurance agreeing? Also a positive that no other damage was done and inside not trashed.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Me too Parksy.
Not sure if you remember one of my previous posts re;storage site required servicing by themselves??
Wish now,I had stayed with them.
Compound was like "Fort Knox".
They say you learn by your mistakes.☹
You had no way of knowing that this would happen, and evidence from this and other caravan forums show that no matter how much security is in place, if the toerags are want something, they'll take it.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
That's awful. Hope you get it fixed quickly. At least you got to it quickly to get the hole covered before the weather got in and did any more damage.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
May be an idea to keep a beady eye on FB Marketplace or eBay, but my thinking is that it has been stolen to order.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
It was a non working farm.
Yes,definitely stolen to order I think.

Just returned from Bailey dealer near me,apparently,Bailey have the door and frame in stock and luckily the dealer will keep it there undercover whilst awaiting parts and ok from insurer.

I've also put my name down again for storage where I was last year(and shouldn't have left).
You learn by your mistakes don't you?.☹

Reactions: Ern and JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Just returned from Bailey dealer near me,apparently,Bailey have the door and frame in stock and luckily the dealer will keep it there undercover whilst awaiting parts and ok from insurer.

I've also put my name down again for storage where I was last year(and shouldn't have left).

Not the most pleasant way to learn. However good news is that they have the parts in stock and you are covered by insurance. Hopefully you have started booking sites to visit for later this year. 👍 :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

That looks a positive outcome anyway.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes they do have the parts in stock(I suppose at Prima Leisure),so maybe a few weeks to filter through to dealer.
I'm taking van over to dealer tomorrow morning where this week, they will access the damage,do a quote,then send off to insurance company.
Once accepted by them,then all systems go with the new parts.
Yes we have 10 days booked for middle of June,then 14 days in September.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just been chatting with the wife about a tailor made full cover to to fit our van after this is all over.

Would welcome your thoughts if the cover may act as a deterrent to would be thieves.
I know they are heavy and I think it takes 2 people to fit them but I'm in a bit of a predicament......

Once van has been repaired,I have no alternative but to continue using the same storage site until another one comes up.
This morning,I joined the waiting list(12 others) for a space where we stored it previously.
I have no chance of storing it at home.
Maybe a cover may help.(A proper one with the necessary clear/reinforced roof panels for solar panel etc).
Your opinions please👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just been chatting with the wife about a tailor made full cover to to fit our van after this is all over.

Would welcome your thoughts if the cover may act as a deterrent to would be thieves.
I know they are heavy and I think it takes 2 people to fit them but I'm in a bit of a predicament......

Once van has been repaired,I have no alternative but to continue using the same storage site until another one comes up.
This morning,I joined the waiting list(12 others) for a space where we stored it previously.
I have no chance of storing it at home.
Maybe a cover may help.(A proper one with the necessary clear/reinforced roof panels for solar panel etc).
Your opinions please👍
A Stanley knife would cut through a full cover like butter so hardly a deterrent.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Really sorry to hear this news Ade. It’s the fact these scum bags brazenly take what is ours with no aforethought how we will feel. They deserve all the worst luck but then as a Christian I’ll be told to be forgiving🤬🤬🤬🤬.
If you are moving her back to home tell your Insurers first, just to make sure they are happy.
Hope it gets fixed before your first planned trip.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Thing is they'd have to look under the cover to see what model-so it hides the van-if they are stealing to order they may move on rather than look-can't harm!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is a small problem with thefts of doors, it is best known as a problem on Hobby models, and you will know where the thieves come from. That door will also fit the twin axle models. You are very unlucky if you are one of the ones who are caught though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts