Harlyn Sands Padstow

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi colin, it depends what you want. commercial noisy site with not very big pitches and they do cram you in. it also has statics on there aswell. there is a club house and you do hear the music till late, but nice views when you are dog walking but not everybody picks there dogs poo up im afraid. the roads to get to this site are very awkward, tight and narrow. i wouldnt stay there again, sorry mate but thats my opinion. whilst we were down there last year we visited some sites in that area and were not really impressed. dont let the nice sand castle pictures pursuede you. we will now only stay on a caravan club site if we deceided to go to cornwall again we would stay at only one site and thats carnon downs ( now an a/s for the cc club but anyone can go), between falmouth and truro. the ultimate perfect site ask lord b. but it depends what you want and what area you want.

tell us a bit more of what sort of holiday you want and we might be able to surgest some sites.

sorry i havent helped.

sorry about the spelling mistakes.

jo-anne

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Colin, I havent actually been on the site but I only live half an hour away and I go to Harlyn bay in the summer. The beach is gorgeous and the area is lovely, Rock Padstow, and there are loads of lovely beaches and cliff walks. My neighbours family come down every year and stay at Harlyn and they love it, but I know everyone is different. Mother Iveys Bay site looks nice - its very close and has its own private beach. I have just booked a site for a weekend in July but it is a bit further up the coast Warcombe Farm near Woolacombe. It looks great, has a lovely play area and some massive pitches. It had great reviews on UK campsite. Hope this helps. There is also a site at St Minver which is very nice and that is near Padstow. One last note I called in to Carnon Downs site on the way home from Truro and I would not stay there with my children. It is right on a fairly busy road and it looks more suited to retired or people with no children. There are loads of other nice sites in Cornwall. If you want to travel further Polmanter in St Ives is FANTASTIC. Denise

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
colin, 2 very different views. i love cornwall we used to stay in a static on treyarnon bay for about 15 years. we love the area and before we got our tourer we hired cottages and houses. in st merryn, constantine bay.

denise is correct harlyn beach is very nice and that area is my favorite in cornwall but i wouldnt stay on that site again. we are both in our mid 30's with a 13 year old and a 5 year old and a staffordshire bull terrier so its not like we are passed it. mother iveys bay site is very nice but alot of money.

carnon downs is near a main rd but i have stayed at sites next to main rds before.

each to there own.

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
colin, if you go onto www.ukcampsite.co.uk and put in harlyn sands they have review on there about the site then you can make your own mind up.

if you also put in carnon down that also has reviews.

please let me know what you think.

other sites in that area is www.treyarnonbay.co.uk nothing on site but a great beach with a huge rock pool fountain at the side and rock in the middle for you to dive off. see if there is any reviews on that site on the web address i gave you. it does make interesting reading.

jo-anne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts