Harwich Ferry

Dec 6, 2006
Visit site
Take a look at this one; http://www.homesteadlake.co.uk/even nearer to Harwich then the Colchester site and is easier to access than Colchester and not right on top of the busy (and noisy) A12. We have friends that live within 10 miles of both these sites and would personally recommend the Homesteadlake site, It is behind Homestead Caravan Centre - which has a huge spares showroom and a good little cafe for a full English breakfast!!

John & Kathy

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Catherine

You can stay overnight on the docks. When entering the docks the attendant will direct you to the far side of the car park by the railings. It is reasonably quiet as the lorries board from another part of the docks. There are toilets and I think drinks available. In the morning you are right on site ready for boarding.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Thanks for that, Is it quite a small port? They only have a night crossing or 9am, neither of which are very convenient for us as we are coming from Portsmouth. But my Husband preferred the crossing as it is near to the site in Holland.

Catherine

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Yes it is a small port and you are right about the times of sailings. We found cars starting to arrive any time after 7.00 a.m. but at least if you stay on the docks you can see what is happening. We would definitely do it again as it was just so stress free knowing that we were just in the right place.

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Catherine

I work in Harwich so know the area quire well. There are actually a couple of sites very near to the port, try searching under Dovercourt Essex which should give you two think one is called Dovercourt Bay (for reference they are right beside where Hi Di Hi was filmed!. There is also a basic Caravan Club CL "Home Farm Ramsey which is 5 mins from the port just off the main A120 into Harwich from the A12

Let me know if you need any further help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts