Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if I should get a hard hat for caravanning. My caravan seems to be equipped with various fittings an fixtures designed to cause me pain! Top cupboards in lounge area seem to be favourite, as well as top of door frame and other items. Since my first trip away, and several visits to the storage I manage to always hit my head on something.. Will the repeated knocks eventually knock some sense into me? I guess as you get to know your van you learn all the "danger zones". What about you experienced 'vanners, are you still coming away from your caravan battered and bruised? Is this just a character building part of caravanning? Do you have a "favourite" location in your caravan for bashing your brains in? 😖

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if I should get a hard hat for caravanning. My caravan seems to be equipped with various fittings an fixtures designed to cause me pain! Top cupboards in lounge area seem to be favourite, as well as top of door frame and other items. Since my first trip away, and several visits to the storage I manage to always hit my head on something.. Will the repeated knocks eventually knock some sense into me? I guess as you get to know your van you learn all the "danger zones". What about you experienced 'vanners, are you still coming away from your caravan battered and bruised? Is this just a character building part of caravanning? Do you have a "favourite" location in your caravan for bashing your brains in? 😖
At 6 ft 4 in I have had my share of head bangs but my last van was higher head room throughout. Although the front overhead lockers were lower over the seats. But I managed to get in and out from that area without any trouble by auto bending.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Maximum internal height 6ft 5ins in my caravan i am the same height i sometimes hit my head on the doorways or the top cupboards in the lounge .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Maximum internal height 6ft 5ins in my caravan i am the same height i sometimes hit my head on the doorways or the top cupboards in the lounge .

I am only 5‘7” But always banging into windows (outside) and cupboards. Much sympathy with the OP.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Banging our heads in the caravan is not a problem that we encounter, in fact we have the opposite problem.
Herself is about 4'7" tall, so she uses a folding plastic step to reach into overhead lockers.
I tower over her at just over 5'3" so when I'm inside the caravan I have to reach into the lockers which I can just about do at a stretch.
Herself mainly uses the onboard caravan shower because quite often she can't reach the shower head on some sites.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
At 5'6" not a real problem for me but I banged my head on the front lockers on past models. They have gone in favour of more light now.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I thought tonight / this morning I should update this post. At Malvern CAMC site, just went for a visit to the facilities having consumed a few beers. Had to walk around the front of the van and completely forgot my van has a hitch... "Ouch" to say the least as my shins collided with metal. Hopefully I didn't break noise curfew and wake any neighbours with my muffled swearing... At home I'd have made a lot more noise!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At 6 foot no problems inside. But SWMBO leaves the rear bathroom window half open, right in my path as I go to the Thetford compartment for the usual emptying. Ouch!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Within a short while of buying a brand new van I came out of the awning and smacked the clothes dryer that hung from a side window. A gut wrenching dent in the side of the van. Couldn’t stick a reflector in that position so used some colour matched pin stripe tape that ran across the dent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts