Heated towel rail

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Anyone know of a good small low power 240v towel rail to fit permenantly in the bathroom? Most I've seen are too big (smallest 500mm square). Bailey are now advertising a heated towel rail in their Senator model - what model is it and can it be bought somewhere?

My previous caravan had a 40watt 240volt towel rail - absolutely fantastic, specially in the winter. Trouble is I can't find one similar.

Alan

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan

The Senator S6 Wyoming we have does indeed have a heated towell rail in the bathroom. It is not what you have in mind.

Basically it is hollow and hot blown air from the Truma heater blows therough the small vents in the rail piece thus heating the towells.

A retrofit looks easy enough. I suppose you could buy the rail and fixing kit direct from the manufacturer, I'm not sure.

Cheers

Alan

May 5, 2005
Visit site
On the senator range the base of the towel rail snaps into the air vent ,the top screws to a batten in the wall,we are on aour second one as the first snapped the fixing lugs off the base.I would also consider a small electric one as the senator one is a bit of a gimmick.I didnt even know there is a small knob to stop/start the airflow to the towel rail as it is at the back and never saw it:-(

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
On the senator range the base of the towel rail snaps into the air vent ,the top screws to a batten in the wall,we are on aour second one as the first snapped the fixing lugs off the base.I would also consider a small electric one as the senator one is a bit of a gimmick.I didnt even know there is a small knob to stop/start the airflow to the towel rail as it is at the back and never saw it:-(
I have a senator Vermont with the same heated towel rail. I like you though it was useless when it came away from the wall and was very stiff to use. However after dismantling it and spraying the joins with WD 40 then making sure the clips locate properly I find although it is pretty feeble on electric, it works well on GAS and does what its supposed to do.

Lennie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts