Heki rooflight advice for the removal of inner surround

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
I am now attempting to deal with part 2 of the bank holiday failures, part one, the rear motor movers has been rectified and required me to fit a new control box for rear axel movement.

I am currently investigating some water ingress through the bedroom hekki whilst stationary and travelling, I should add this appears to be intermittant so I am initially looking at the cause but have sadly fallen at the first post. I do not appear to be able to remove the inside surround of the window, having removed the covers on the surround I had expected to find some screws to facilitate its removal, no screws are visible, have tried what I perceive to be reasonable downward pressure, the surround appears fairly solidly fixed so I have no desire to force the issue.

This is not a winder type window, it has a single bar and I believe it to be a midi size, but it does have the built in insect and sun screens. some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
I am now attempting to deal with part 2 of the bank holiday failures, part one, the rear motor movers has been rectified and required me to fit a new control box for rear axel movement.

I am currently investigating some water ingress through the bedroom hekki whilst stationary and travelling, I should add this appears to be intermittant so I am initially looking at the cause but have sadly fallen at the first post. I do not appear to be able to remove the inside surround of the window, having removed the covers on the surround I had expected to find some screws to facilitate its removal, no screws are visible, have tried what I perceive to be reasonable downward pressure, the surround appears fairly solidly fixed so I have no desire to force the issue.

This is not a winder type window, it has a single bar and I believe it to be a midi size, but it does have the built in insect and sun screens. some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pete
I have now managed to remove the surround which is good news, unfortunately there was water in it, not such good news!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This will help ,although I see you have removed the blind assembly
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhW-oJn2sOw

The outside Heki sky light does not have a water tight fix to the roof. When shut the inner section of the external frame sits about one inch higher. We have experienced , in heavy , windy rainfall some ingress but nothing to worry about. If yours is the failure of the original seal then you need to work externally on the roof to remove it. Not easy with. Years of weathered sealant. In fact it is possible the plastics will be so brittle they may break. There are some wide sealant tapes available for caravans. Maybe overlay the old sealant with one of these

1716054289134.jpeg

Reactions: Pamplona
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There have been numerous reports of the surround to the Heki cracking. The crack is generally not very obvious. It it normally a straight line and looks almost as if it should be there. If so, it is a warranty job even if the caravan is 3 or 4 years old.

Reactions: Pamplona

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts