Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
I'd like to introduce my self. My name is Nick and live in South Wales with my wife and family. For years I've wanted to own a caravan and last year we bought one. We set ourselves a budget of £5000, and managed to buy a 'van for £12500!! I bought a car to tow it, but due to many unforseen circumstances, we have yet to tow with it. We bought the 'van from Mendip caravans in Newport (super service, highly recommended), but I couldn't get a towbar fitted to my car in time (even though I work in the motor trade, I wasn't able to pull enough strings), so I borrowed a Peugeot van. Not much fun pulling our newly aquired van from Newport to Tenby (where the caravan is in storage). Very stable as a tow vehicle, but engine was a non turbo diesel and wasn't up to the job.

We managed to use the 'van a couple of times last year, but due to commitments with decorating our house and work, it spent most of it's time alone in West Wales. I'm going down to collect it this week and bring it home and give it a good wash and polish. I'm looking forward to towing with my car.

In April, both my wife and I are spending 10 days down in Tenby (in case you're wondering, we love the place and got married there), and both of us cannot wait.

Nice to see so many enthusiastic people out there and hope to join in with conversations with you. Also, I'll probably annoy you with asking for help and advice!!!

All the best to you all

Nick and Dee

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Welcome...it is good to see you stayed within your budget! We went to change our van a couple of years ago and ended up spending far more than we had planned. Good to know we are not alone...its only money, enjoy your caravan.

By the way there was a competition running in one of the caravan mags recently 1st prize was a week in Tenby, second prize was two weeks...boom, boom. lol

mal

Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
We bought a brand new Abbey Adventura 325. As soon as we saw it, we fell in love with it and had to have it. It was a dealer special and run out model, so had a bit of extra kit with it (the air con is especially handy). We also chose the L shaped lounge, as we prefer this seating arrangement, although many people don't.

Regards

Nick

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Rebel. We had a similar experience - we were staying at a CC site at Much Wenlock and popped into Shrewsbury to buy a door catch for our Abbey GTS Vogue 215.

G

Welcome Nick and Dee,

Good to see you broke the bank too. We had a budget of around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts