Help in finding site near Swiss border

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi.

Please can anyone help, we are looking for a campsite near the French - Swiss border. We are hoping to visit in the summer next year and would like to go on day trips to French Alps, Swiss Alps and Germany. Do you know of any campsites which would allow us to do all of this ?

If we camp in Switzerland would the cost of shopping, fuel and eating out be too expensive, would we be better off in France?

Thanks Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Municipal site in Obernai is not too far from Swiss border and also just over the road from Gremany. It's called Camping le Vallon de L'Ehn and is one of my favourite sites.

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Slowcoach

Val de Bonnal was our first thought because we have enjoyed Castels before, What did you think of the site was it quiet or to busy? Pitch sizes? How far from Switzerland? Nice Area?

Thanks for your help, I dont want to be stuck with a bad site for 4 weeks !

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
The pitches that we had were big enough for caravan, awning, suncannopy, car and windbreak.

If you enjoy swimming there is a great Lake reached by a bridge from the campsite with swimming pools on site. The restaurant on site was okay for a pizza but Gordon Ramsay is not looking over his shoulder. The toilets are those individual cubicles that swarm with flies at night. The front bit of the campsite is where the action is with all the keycamp and eurocamp tents but it gets quieter and more spacious as you move further in although it was very busy when we were there in July 2005.

I can't quite remember how long it took us to go to Switzerland as we went cross country to avoid paying the motorway vignette but I do not recall it being more than an hour.

To sum the site up we would definitely go back there again.

TRENDING THREADS