Help on Route Calais - Valencia.

May 14, 2008
Visit site
I would welcome any views on any sites along the following route.

Calais - Loche sir Indrie (will use camping le cittadelle at Loche.

Then Loche - Bordeaux area. Recomendation please.

Bordeaux to Pamploma- ish

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Sorry folks, the fingers have let me down again.

Continues

Pamploma to Valencia with an overnight between.

Any assistance and your experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Are you looking for 'Open all year' sites, ie for during the winter? This can make a difference to recommendations.

Try here

http://users.telenet.be/leo.huybrechts/camp1.htm
for a list of sites within 15km of all the major routes through Europe, which might be a starting point. Those sites open all year are highlighted in red. Probably someone who's done this route will then be able to help with specific site recommendations.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings,

Is Pamplona a must do.

I ask because I've done the route to Valencia you have described, out of season and, because of the weather(saw lots of snow inland Spain, and because of the inclines, hills, etc)

I would suggest the route from Bordeaux to the Mediterranean coast around Narbonne then over the border south of Perpignan.

I appreciate that it is 100miles further but and I think its a BIG but, you would recoupe the extra fuel potentially to be used in a huge increase in fuel econemy In addition I believe you would have a bigger choice in stopovers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Until an old medical problem reared its ugly head, I was also travelling down to Valencia all be it from Caen (Ouisterham) early next year. The route I had chosen was down thro France to Perpignon and beyond. The following sites are open all the year and would have been the ones I would have used. Camping Hortus Le Jardin de Sully at 45600 St Pere sur Loire; Camping Clos Auroy at 63670 Orcet and finally (in France) Camping Club Europe at Port Bacares. Whislt the drive from Port Bacares to Valencia is driveable in a day I suppose I would ahve broken the journey somewhere in Spain but had not selected a site. My only concern on this route would have been the weather conditions crossing the Central Massif, but I would relished the challenge. If the medics extract the digit I might still get to make the journey here hoping. Hope this will help with the planning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are looking at winter time trips, have a look at something like this.

Calais to Potiers, "Futuriste" site

Poitiers to St Jean de Luz (virtually on the border) La Rouletta

St J to Sabinan (Savinan) in CC Europe 1 under Calatayud

Sabinan to Moncofa or Valencia directly.

There are not many sites open all year, but I have used these for several years past and plan to do so again shortly.

The west of France tends to be less cold than over the massif. The route in Spain - Irun to Pamplona, round Zargoza and Teruel is virtually all 4 lane and avoids potentail traffic and other problems round Barcelona.

Hope this helps; have a good trip.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts