Help please

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the site, went camping last week and fell in love with it, I'm going to look at a 2002 model lunar 520/4 clubman tomorrow and just need to polish up a few things as regards to towing and also the old Chris check done. I will be getting a Honda Civic tourer next week and from what I can gather the specs are
kerb weight 1288-1354
Maximum towing weight braked 1400

The lunar is
Mass in running order 1051
Maximum technical permissible laden mass 1290kg

Would my car be ok with this or not? Please help as I need to make the decision if it's even worth while going to see.

Also, how would I go about getting a Chris check done? Is there some serial number on the caravan or something?
Report to moderator
Quick Reply Reply Quote Edit

Read more at http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/new-members-say-hello/51723-need-assistance-on-towing#fk0EiL10Uukf7HsQ.99

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First and foremost
Do not trust any web site that offers to do a towing match, unless you can see all the data they are using and you can check it matches your own car and caravan EXACTLY - no deviations - Do not assume that similar models will be a good enough comparison as even small differences in specification can affect the vehicles towing ability.

Please see your other thread where you will find more responses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts