Help rear lights not working

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help please. I have a 2003 Wilk Royale and both of the rear tail lights are not working. It's connected with a standard 7 pin connector. The break lights, indicators and all the lights down the side of the van work fine. The bulbs are also fine.

I have replaced the 7 pin connector multiple times on this van, however, both rear lights are connected to different pins so that is unlikely to be the cause. It's also not the towing electrics on my car as everything works fine on my trailer.

I don't know where else to look and we're going away in 2 days so all suggestions much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Older caravans often suffer with corrosion in the light fittings. Clean all the bulbs, contacts and pay particular attention to the negative connections. Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just another thought. If you can't get to the bottom of the problem, as a temporary measure you can buy a trailer tail board with a complete set of lights.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Just another thought. If you can't get to the bottom of the problem, as a temporary measure you can buy a trailer tail board with a complete set of lights.

Aldi just happen to have one in their summer sale: https://www.aldi.co.uk/4ft-6-trailer-towing-board/p/014315271178200

May 7, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be the same as the Prof in that corrosion on the bulb or fittings are the problem. Seems odd though that it is both rear lights and nothing else but if it is corrosion I would check the other bulbs as they may need attention. It might also be the bulbs have blown so check these.
You should also have lights at the side or front on the same circuits, if these are working it should be the bulbs, but if not then the problem is elsewhere possibly a connection which will be more difficult to find.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts