Sep 27, 2020
Visit site
Only had the caravan a week and I've snapped the water pump retaining clip (flag clip)

I honestly wasn't sure how to remove it properly and have snapped it off leaving everything but the handle of the flag clip.

Is there a way of getting the stem out ? I'm really brand new to this would appreciate any advice

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You can buy the clips for about a fiver a pair, (ebay listing) and I'm sure that there was advice on an earlier thread on how to remove the 'stub' that is left when the clip is broken.

Sep 27, 2020
Visit site
You can buy the clips for about a fiver a pair, (ebay listing) and I'm sure that there was advice on an earlier thread on how to remove the 'stub' that is left when the clip is broken.
Yep the stub, still inside. I've ordered a pack of new you would know which part of the forum that stub problem was do you?

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
When you have the new clip fitted this might help, our previous van had the same and I kept my car keys handy when I want to remove and I’d use the key to turn the flag out of the way to release the pump, anything that you can use to turn it, a thin screw driver, thin handle of a tea spoon, I’m sure you’ll get what I mean when you try it, there’s just not enough room to get your finger in the position needed, not sure how you get the stem out though I’m sure some one will know, maybe small long nose pliers might get hold of it or does it actually push through instead of pulling out?
BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Also I didn’t know you could get replacements so easy and my water pump worked perfectly ok with just a single flag clip holding it in for the 5 years we owned it.

BP

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you use a very small diameter phillips screwdriver just push the stub through into the van and push the new clip in.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts