Help with insurance please.

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
We get our 2nd hand 2008 senator vermont later this month. Like most people, we are sorting out insurance and storage now. However, I cant get insurance until I get storage...and vice versa. How do I get things organised before I pick up the caravan?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would tell the insurance that your storing the caravan on your property, (as long as its not a block of flats) then change the insurance to the storage site. Remember Caravan insurance is not compulsary, but maybe your storage insist on it.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
If you intend to use storage, why not organise it to start at a date to suit you and then you will have an address to give to insurance companies.

As I remember, with the Caravan Club insurance, I simply needed to answer some question about the storage site. But not the name and address.

John

Reactions: Hutch and ProfJohnL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When I used the two Clubs, CAMHC or CCC neither required the van to be be in storage. But they did require an address where it was to be kept. Ie in our case our home address. Then when we decided to put it into a storage park i just notified the insurer of the kept address. Our storage park insisted on the caravan being insured in their T&C.

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Storage seems to be getting harder and more expensive.... I thought I could miss a year putting my van on a seasonal and return next year... Absolutely no chance... Once you leave you are at the bottom of the list.... Hope you get sorted.....

GAS ...

Reactions: Sueh
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to know who locally has storage availability and check out the security. You can then complete the deal, confirm to the storage site your date for arrival and then take out the insurance. It is a bit of a problem and there is no sure way of doing it. Do beare of the storage at home and then change it approach as you might get charged for the amendment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts