Help with tripping electrics

Jul 19, 2022
Visit site
Morning, I wonder if anyone could offer some advice; my caravan (a 2008 Ace Globetrotter) has been tripping the electric when we connect the electric at home. We tried a new hook up cable but it is still doing it. We know nothing about the mechanical workings of caravans or electrics, but my husband has taken the battery charger fuse out and it now seems to be working ( we want to put the fridge on). What we’d like to check is are we safe to use the van tomorrow without this fitted as we can’t get anyone out to look at it today.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Morning, I wonder if anyone could offer some advice; my caravan (a 2008 Ace Globetrotter) has been tripping the electric when we connect the electric at home. We tried a new hook up cable but it is still doing it. We know nothing about the mechanical workings of caravans or electrics, but my husband has taken the battery charger fuse out and it now seems to be working ( we want to put the fridge on). What we’d like to check is are we safe to use the van tomorrow without this fitted as we can’t get anyone out to look at it today.
Tripping caravan or home electrics ?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I would get a electrician to check it asap

Jul 19, 2022
Visit site
I would get a electrician to check it asap

I can’t get anyone to come out today and we were hoping to go away tomorrow, and I just wondered if anyone knew definitively if it would be safe to use the van without the battery charger fuse in place. Then we can arrange a repair when we get back.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Janey
We had a major problem with the onboard battery charger on our 2007 Abbey 620.
I suspect that your battery charger might have been made by the same company, Nordellectronica.
Their battery chargers were faulty and there's been a history of them failing.
If your electrical problem is due to the caravan battery charger, I can recommend Apauljack Engineering of Highbridge, Somerset who will carry out a repair or replacement service via mail order.
They upgraded my caravan battery charger some years ago to better than new.
Apauljack did government electronics work on guided missile systems and branched out into caravan electronics, and they are very good and reliable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts