Help with water filter and flow

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
The first time we connected water this year it came running out of the floor - water filter split! Unable to get a replacement locally (NW Norfolk on Easter Monday) I resorted to standard 15mm push-fit fittings and a piece of 15mm plastic pipe from B&Q to take the filter out of line. Now all working 'cept for some still damp carpet in the bottom of the cupboard.

Question: I note that Whale filters (and substitutes) are available in 12mm and 15mm fittings. Does anyone know if I can use the domestic push-fit fittings that I have installed on the 15mm filter?

Also, on a similar subject, we have been and still are suffering problems with low flow rate. It affects both hot and cold water in both kitchen and bathroom. I have replaced the pump and external piping to no avail. (The filter mentioned above is in the cold line only under the sink - it does not affect hot or any bathroom supplies.) On this most recent outing I have had to apply a substantial adjustment to the pressure switch to make the pump stop - like about three turns!

Anyone any bright suggestions before I start taking the piping apart. I did wonder about simply applying a piece of pipe to the water inlet and blowing hard with the sink cold tap open, but I am concerned that in doing so I might end up with an air lock - if indeed I haven't got one already!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Don't bother with the Whale filter, they're expensive to replace every year.

We use Filtapac Econflow 2000, slightly more to buy the first one but only about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts