Jun 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi having just been told our beautiful caravan has gone even with 2 wheel clamps, alko hitch lock, alarm and locked compound. has anybody had to produce receipts for everything in your van . After 5 years I haven't kept any receipts.
will the insurance insist or will I loose out ???

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your loss, not at all nice., what wheel locks were you using. I tend to keep receipts for most things of any value and I scan them before hosting in the cloud. That’s because many receipts fade incredibly quickly and cannot be read. . Do you have pictures of the outfit showing awning, aqua roll, etc, insides or outdoors with chairs, bbq etc. Which insurer do you use, hopefully they will be pragmatic in reaching a settlement. Keep us posted please.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear your Pride and Joy has Been take, to answer your question, No I don't keep reciepts, I have never thought about it. Just hoped that the £500 contents would not be questioned.

Reactions: phil.freda
May 7, 2012
Visit site
A lot depends on your insurer. If you took the lowest quote then expect a service to match. If you bought a better one then things should go better. If you are looking at the contents then the insurer knows that the basic contents are needed and will be there, but you might need receipts if you are looking for tings more expensive than basic or average. If you used a card for the purchases you may be able to go back through the records there to show the costs.
Possibly any photos that show the things you are claiming for will help if you have these.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
If you have taken photos whilst on your caravan stays they may be enough to convince an insurance company of certain items, such as awning, tables, chairs, TVs etc etc.

When I built my workshop I took numerous photographs inside which show the bulk of equipment and tools kept in there, although I do have receipts for most of it. Have you bought any of the items online? If so, you will probably have an email trail for them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
One of the advantages of buying Online as receipts will keep up to 10 years or longer and easier to email the insurer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts