Here we go again !!!!!!!

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Name of a song I think...

Well, while we were away my PC had to go to a doctor to get better. It might be better but.........

I now have internet explorer 8 I think and not my old one on the machine. The guy said I had a trojan, although I scan regular but it happens I know. He has (what he said)put his own stuff on, one called Windows washer, anyone heard of it? He said I can be spied on with it by MI5. hummm

When I started the explorer up it opened with a google page not my ISP page. Can I find my connection to default ha! no.

There's also a seach bar (bing) which I can't get rid of. Lord knows what else. Managed to get my google search bar back but can't get my AVG search bar back up.

If your not all still on hols anyone got any ideas?

He has also put something one PC so if I have any problems he can remote access it, I don't really like the sound of that.

Laymans help welcome..

Thanks

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Gawd Smiley, thought I was the one with problems tonight!

You've cheered me up - my new PC goes back to the doctors on Monday as my left mouse click is clapped and my USB is bent... there's always someone worse off than yourself...........

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
smiley,

To get your AVG toolbar back.Bring up Internet Explorer.On right side you will see Page, Safety, Tools. Left click on Tools. In the drop down menu you will see Toolbars. Left click on AVG Toolbar so a tick appears or any other of the Toolbars you require. Close Internet Explorer and restart.

Hamer

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
smiley,

To set your homepage to your ISP.

Left click on START.

Left click on CONTROL PANEL.

Left double click on INTERNET OPTIONS.

Under GENERAL you will see HOMEPAGE.

Remove what is is the box, and type in the web address of your ISP.

Click on APPLY and OK at bottom of box.

Restart.

Hamer

Hamer

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
smiley,

If you do not wish anyone to have remote access to your computer.

Click START.

Click CONTROL PANEL.

Double click on SYSTEM.

Click REMOTE tab.

Click on advanced.

Clear the check box labelled " Allow this Computer To Be Controlled Remotely"

Click OK.

Restart.

Hamer.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi hammer found the box and unchecked allowing outsiders in.

Another irritating thing and hoping there's an easy solution is,

when I start up machine and when I walk away I'm getting a blue screen split in two ms one side and our name the other.

How do I get rid of it? and have what I want?

Thanks

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
smiley,

Is the blue screen the first screen which appears after booting up? You say it has microsoft on one half and your name on the other half. Do you have to click on your name to finish booting up? Are you useing XP or Vista?

Are you the only account holder on the computer or do you have other people useing it with their own log in accounts?

Can you be a little more explicit as to what appears on the blue screen?

Sorry to ask so many questions but we need to get the correct facts.

Hamer

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
smiley,

Is the blue screen the first screen which appears after booting up? You say it has microsoft on one half and your name on the other half. Do you have to click on your name to finish booting up? Are you useing XP or Vista?

Are you the only account holder on the computer or do you have other people useing it with their own log in accounts?

Can you be a little more explicit as to what appears on the blue screen?

Sorry to ask so many questions but we need to get the correct facts.

Hamer
Hi Hammer

I have xp. What I get now when switching on is a blue screen on the left hand side it says Welcome on the right hand side it says our names.

I have to ckick on our names to open.

We are the account holder

There is no one else using it. Just home computer

Not silly questions. Before it would open with windoows page and then go straight to my picture which I put on the screen with the icons on the desktop.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
11:52 AM Hi Hammer

I have xp. What I get now when switching on is a blue screen on the left hand side it says Welcome on the right hand side it says our names.

I have to ckick on our names to open.

We are the account holder

There is no one else using it. Just home computer

Not silly questions. Before it would open with windoows page and then go straight to my picture which I put on the screen with the icons on the desktop.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley

it is probably cos your 'doctor' logged in as Admin that this is happening - assuming there is only one user account being displayed and there is no password set, you can try the following:

login as normal. click on Start, Settings, Control Panel then double-click on User Accounts.

select "change the way users log on or off" and UNTICK "use the welcome screen" AND "use fast user switching" and save.

close down Windows and restart to test. if however there is a password set on your user you will still get a login box - use the same process as above to clear any passwords.

there is an article here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282866

hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts