hi, advise on selling a 2010 elddis odyssey 550

May 2, 2014
Visit site
hi all,
just looking for some advice on selling my dads caravan for him,
my mum passed away in december and he now wants to sell up, I've had it moved to my house from storage and am looking for the best places to advertise it for him, any ideas would be much appreciated as Im not from the caravanning scene,
cheers,
wayne.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Have a look around at similar vans so you get a good indication of price. Maybe see if any local dealers are interested in taking it off you? Otherwise get it on ebay, but use Buy it now with best offer. Using an auction people tend to bid on multiple items and then never get back in contact by the end of the auction as they have bought something else. If there are extras such as awnings etc you might get more by selling them separately if you can be bothered with the extra hassle.

Hope this helps

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I moved this topic from the New Members message board in the hope of attracting more replies.
I'm sorry to learn of your bereavement Wayne.
The price given in the Caravan Price Guide for a 2010 Elddis Odyssey 550 is £10,500 so to allow room for negotiation and perhaps for accessories such as awnings, steps, the leisure battery and water containers that you might include you ought to consider advertising the caravan at £11,500.
There are free online advertising sites such as Preloved or Gumtree, and of course online auction sites but be careful, don't accept any silly offers and ensure that you have the money before parting with the caravan.
Good Luck with the sale.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wayne

sorry to hear your bad news.
My FIL died 3 years ago and I had the task of selling his S6 Bailey Monarch.

With help from Parksy we finally advertised it on Pre loved. We had a number of calls and three visits and a quick sale at the amount we wanted after a bit of bartering. Ebay is fine but I have a feeling there may possibly be a "better" clientele who use pre loved.
Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts