Hi folks

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
just joined and hope to have a small caravan in the near future.

Name is Bob, never had a van but lived in a mobile home for four years some 30 + years ago and swore then I'd never set foot in one again after freezing in winter and sweating like a pig in summer.

How times have changed since then, me and 'er indoors visited some friends earlier this year at their van, all I can say is my opinion changed when I saw what they had compared to what I 'survived in' all those years ago was like chalk and cheese.

So that's me, I'll ask a few questions and most likely be a pain in the bum, so please be gentle.

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Lizzie, I will, I'm scouring the forum and enjoying the read.

My dilemma at the moment is... as a first time buyer, do I go per-owned or brand new. Seeing as there's only the two of us and being mostly retired with two grown up daughters, we now have plenty of time on our hands. We've talked long about the 'pro's and con's' of owning a two berth tourer, the biggest of which is the '2 weeks abroad for 2/3k' as opposed to 5/6 tours around the country for roughly the same cost... bit of a no brainer really.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, of course, many couples own four-berth caravans so they can enjoy a little more space and, depending on the layout of the van, leave their bed(s) made up all day, for convenience.

Some say that buying used is a good idea the first time, so if you try it and it's not for you, you don't lose out too much, financially. And because if you like it and want to trade up, the van won't have depreciated too much so, again, you won't be so out of pocket. If you're committed to buying new and want to see what's on offer, go to the NEC show in October. With so may caravans there to compare and contrast, it is a great place to go to get a feel for the current crop and to do direct, back-to-back comparisons, so you can buy with confidence. There are often show deals, too.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi oldgit. Welcome to the forum. Have fun van hunting. The Caravanfinder website is good for looking at what is available out there.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS