Hi! I'm Gtraus from Iceland (the country, not the store)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi welcome to the Forum I cannot recall anyone previously from your beautiful country. I think that I saw your outfit last year when I visited for a week.(y)

4E82D3B8-C6D4-4A66-83A7-C08597CEB999.jpeg14EB0A27-E8B0-4E71-AC56-FA2F45CA835A.jpeg

Reactions: Beachball
May 18, 2020
Visit site
Caravan outside in winter? Rather rare here! I pay a small fortune to have my unit stored in an old barn from mid Sept to May. Unfortunately I also have a smaller tow-car (Toyota Land Cruiser)...

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Welcome from me, too. I took my caravan to Iceland a long time ago (20 years) and we drove once round the island. I presume that the road is tarred all the way round by now. It wasn't when we were there. At the time, about a third was unsurfaced and the caravan suffered accordingly, not to mention the car which should have had a respray due to stone chip damage by the time we got back,

Caravan outside in winter? Rather rare here!

I wouldn't say that. My caravans have always been out in the open over winter, even with temperatures down to -15°C.

May 18, 2020
Visit site
Main problem isn't the cold or the snow but rather the gale-force winds we get on a regular basis. Every year we have at least 2-5 instances of motor-homes or caravans blown off the road and totally wrecked. Used to be more while the rentals shamelessly rented them out for tourists in deep-winter, but even the rentals realized that it didn't make sense.
Roads have improved but there are still areas where I park my caravan and venture on car-only.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Main problem isn't the cold or the snow but rather the gale-force winds we get on a regular basis. Every year we have at least 2-5 instances of motor-homes or caravans blown off the road and totally wrecked. Used to be more while the rentals shamelessly rented them out for tourists in deep-winter, but even the rentals realized that it didn't make sense.
Roads have improved but there are still areas where I park my caravan and venture on car-only.
The winds in Reykjavik were fearsome. You had to look around a corner firstly to do a quick check. Otherwise you risked being bowled over in one. We were also warned about being cautious near glaciers as the katabatic wind could veer a vehicle of course very easily if you weren’t ready.

Reactions: Beachball

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts